Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? August 20

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 40 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Extremely grumpy and busy. Not a great appt yesterday. Bp was high and protein in urine. I'm stressed out and have so much to do and I'm sure that's not helping. Go back to dr on Thursday with another 24h uriine.

I wish I could just lay around and relax :-( I'm very emotional today :-(

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Today has been pretty good actually. I had a very long conversation with an old friend last night. She had lost a son 7 years ago, so we talked about our babies, how she coped, how she moved forward with another pregnancy. She let me cry and tell mine and my sons story, and she cried with me. Then my mom called, and she has been silent this whole time, not knowing what I needed. So she cried on the phone, telling me how sorry she was, and whatever I needed, she would be there. For the first time in over a week, I felt true peace. Being able to talk about it makes me feel better.

My biggest obstacle right now is my dreams. Every night I dream of my Jacob. Sometimes I'm searching for him, sometimes I'm reliving his labor and delivery, sometimes im being told that he has died all over again, and sometimes I'm just missing him. I wake up just broken in the morning. I know time heals, so I just have to work through it. It's only been a week - I'm giving myself time to mourn and grieve his loss. One of these days my dreams about him will be happy ones.
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
That's awesome that you were able to connect with someone!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Today has been pretty good actually. I had a very long conversation with an old friend last night. She had lost a son 7 years ago, so we talked about our babies, how she coped, how she moved forward with another pregnancy. She let me cry and tell mine and my sons story, and she cried with me. Then my mom called, and she has been silent this whole time, not knowing what I needed. So she cried on the phone, telling me how sorry she was, and whatever I needed, she would be there. For the first time in over a week, I felt true peace. Being able to talk about it makes me feel better.

My biggest obstacle right now is my dreams. Every night I dream of my Jacob. Sometimes I'm searching for him, sometimes I'm reliving his labor and delivery, sometimes im being told that he has died all over again, and sometimes I'm just missing him. I wake up just broken in the morning. I know time heals, so I just have to work through it. It's only been a week - I'm giving myself time to mourn and grieve his loss. One of these days my dreams about him will be happy ones.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I'm sorry :-(

I'm fairly new to the group - how much longer do you have?

Quoting echupko:

Extremely grumpy and busy. Not a great appt yesterday. Bp was high and protein in urine. I'm stressed out and have so much to do and I'm sure that's not helping. Go back to dr on Thursday with another 24h uriine.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yay for people who will isten to you and cry with you! That's so important. :)

I'm so sorry about your dreams. I never had any dreams associated with my miscarriage, but I have nightmares when we're TTC that make it twice as hard. I hope those end soon for you!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Bummer. :( Those last weeks are just not cool. Praying things get better for you today!

Quoting echupko:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I'm glad you found a "real person" to connect with. This group was my only saving grace. The dreams will come and go... Its been a year now and my dream is always the same now(searching for the baby in the bed covers because I "lost" her), its still hard waking up from it and realizing its only a dream. I hope your dreams turn happy soon, hugs
Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
*hugs* what happens if its still high on Thursday? I hope it goes well.

Quoting echupko:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I'm glad you were able to reconnect with an old friend and get support. And I'm glad your mom opened up with you and will be there for you more.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Having a long, emotional day.  Time is flying and standing still at the same time.  I ordered some floating lanterns yesterday for Lily's one year angelversery and having anxiety over "what if they don't work properly."  My kids and step kids (and most likely Baby Gemma) will be there when we release the lantern and I'm worried I won't be able to hold it together the way I am feeling now, I don't want to scare the kids by crying.  Its just one of those "world is ending" days... worried about this c-section, really really worried, like frantic worried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)