Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? August 22

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 24 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Been in the hospital since yesterday. Went to dr and bp was 162/100. It's down but still not great. Liver and platelets looked good yesterday so we didn't have to induce yet. Will be running more tests today. Not sure when or if I will get out. Dr and I really want me to be able to go natural but we are losing hope quickly... Good news I'm already 3cm so my body is getting ready. Bad news is dh has strep throat.

I'm 37w today
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM

About to leave to go in for my c-section and have my rainbow.........so nervous!  So many emotions going through me.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I'm sorry it isn't going the way you were hoping.  Oh uh hope your DH feels better.

Quoting echupko:

Been in the hospital since yesterday. Went to dr and bp was 162/100. It's down but still not great. Liver and platelets looked good yesterday so we didn't have to induce yet. Will be running more tests today. Not sure when or if I will get out. Dr and I really want me to be able to go natural but we are losing hope quickly... Good news I'm already 3cm so my body is getting ready. Bad news is dh has strep throat.

I'm 37w today

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't wait to see pics!!!!!! Prayers for you and baby!!

Quoting blessedmommie07:

About to leave to go in for my c-section and have my rainbow.........so nervous!  So many emotions going through me.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Thanks

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I'm sorry it isn't going the way you were hoping.  Oh uh hope your DH feels better.

Quoting echupko:

I'm 37w today

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

OK! I have to let this out....

How about some back to school confusion?? 

You would think I know what to do being a vetern back to school mom and all! So, this is my first year with public kindergarten. My 5 year old is mommy's princess & I wanted to walk in her in for her first day. On the orientation form it says "If you'd like to walk your kindergarten child in on the first day than do so from the car line so they can get a feel for where to go from the car drop off point & not from the middle of school at the office"

Well, I get that there is safety concerns and all and that all visitors must "check in" but that's not exactly possible to check in first if we're coming from the car line...but anyways...

I was going to have her just walk in with big sisters but she really wanted me to walk her in. I figured, first day. Things are going to be weird. There will be other parents doing the same. So I park in front of the car line entrance & precede to walk in....where I than get the assistant principal blasting me about how I must walk her in the front. I precede to walk very fast--like, if I just hurry up & get in....but she has the teacher helper (both of them!!) run after me! LOL 

Oh geesh! I give up about 5 steps from the door (before the 2nd teacher helper makes it in)....and just say, head to the library....I tell her sister (one of them took the bus) to walk with her although she looks annoyed....there are other very timid kindergartners walking in from car line by themselves...seriously....what is the issue??

So, than walking out...I have my 3 year old with me because she's always with me and well, I have to get used to packing her in the car if it's just me & the girls after this month right? And the assistant principle very rudely babytalks me about "isn't she in kindergarten insinuting that its possible I've just kidnapped a kid even though I was holding her as I walked in!!" and decides to remind me that I need to let the kids walk in by themselves. 

She called me by name. She's seen me with four girls before. And yet, all of a sudden she's all "who is that kid?"...

I get embarrassed easily. So I'm laughing & want to cry & shaking....I load up in the car & precede to watch two more kindergarten moms from my kindergarten's class do the same car line walk in....I sit with my imaginary popcorn waiting for the assistant principal to "attack" them which she does, also twice....in & out....She also is noticing I haven't left the parking lot giving me evil looks because I'm parked RIGHT there in front of the entrance! 

Oh geesh.

If there isn't any more confusion. A mom drives down the wrong way to leave the school property! LOL

Oh, the mishaps of back to school!? YAY! And I get to be part of it!! Whoopee! I didn't get my "facebook" photo in the school hallway. Wah. :( Oh well. Her first real day. 

We have issues with the principal and vp. They are both not the "friendly" type. We had an awesome vp that made dealing with the principal ok a couple years ago but the principal fired him & hired her mini me. I swear, they look like twins. They are the type that do not have friendly faces if you know what i mean and they like to make up their own rules. They change "rules" with a snap of the finger without really notifying anyone. I mean, the orientation paperwork SAID "bring the kids in carline on the first day so they get familiar with that routine"....SO really who is in the wrong?? 

I sort of already figured that would happen. I was 50/50 trying to decide if I should go thru the office but I took a chance and went thru carline after all, that's the route she needs to know, not the office route. Sigh. 

What an awesome begin to my day! School drama already!!! 

So, I'm off....I'm trying to decide if I really want to return to zumba or not! 

Happy to give y'all ladies some laugh material! :) 

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! :) 

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I've had my babies at 37 weeks exactly--I'd say you are good to go today & you would have the added bonus of sharing rainbow birthdays with another CM mommy! I hear "playdate"!!! Good luck!

Quoting echupko:

I'm 37w today

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

YIKES!  Maybe at this point an induction is best for everyone- hows Pretzel handling the high BP?  My DH had strep about a week ago and I told him he had to go to the doc cause he wasn't getting around my newborn like that!  Has your DH had any shots/meds?  It took mine about 3 days til he felt better, even after 2 antibiotics and 2 sterpid shots.  Hang in there and I'll pray for you

Quoting echupko:

I'm 37w today

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
YIPPY! HURRY up! Pics, we want pics! Good Luck Mommy
Quoting blessedmommie07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)