Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 11 Replies
Today I Should be holding a new baby...

As I made lunches for My kids this morning I had the oddest feeling come over me. I focused on an empty chair in between My kids eating breakfast and I was immediately reminded that today was My babies due date.

I had My Miscarriage at 12 weeks. I had to have an emergency D&C after the ER failed to see I was having trouble.. they were to busy telling me how I would be fine and how lucky I am to have a large family... as if having a large family somehow lessons the loss of a child. I ended up back to ER by ambulance because the bleeding wouldn't stop & My heart was acting up. ( I have PPCM)

Anyway... am I the only one who senses them missing? Did you feel this way on the babies due date?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xBabylove
by Heather on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I do.. My angel baby was due June 20... So I kept think how aug he/she would have 2 mths ... I often wonder what they would have looked like.. If we're in the car an my kids are fighting over the one seat I think how that should have been babies.,.

My husband didn't even remember the due date :-/

I'm now 33 weeks with a rainbow baby and I still feel this way! Ontop freaking something will happen to her since I couldn't carry the other baby :-/
Ihold8Stars
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hugs)) That's exactly how I feel. Dh didn't either =|

You will do great! Keep positive =)

Quoting 3xBabylove:

I do.. My angel baby was due June 20... So I kept think how aug he/she would have 2 mths ... I often wonder what they would have looked like.. If we're in the car an my kids are fighting over the one seat I think how that should have been babies.,.

My husband didn't even remember the due date :-/

I'm now 33 weeks with a rainbow baby and I still feel this way! Ontop freaking something will happen to her since I couldn't carry the other baby :-/

Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely sense the loss, but for some reason the due date isn't really the date I relate with my babies.  I also have a large family...and having a large family is awesome...but it doesn't make losing a baby any easier.

countrymommy11
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
My due date was suppose to be September 15th of this month, and every time I see or look at baby things I tear up. I have for months wondered if I was having a girl and boy and I want to know! I never will, of course! I've had dreams of my baby, can never tell what it would have been... I hope it gets better for you!
mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I always feel my son missing and think about him a lot. I am so sorry

jojo_star
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Honestly, no. On the day I lost them, I feel sad, especially for my daughter, but I don't feel like they are missing, because they were never really there, not the way my other kids are. I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and the children I lost just weren't meant to be with us, and thinking about it won't change what is, it'll just taint what I have with sadness. It's sad, but it's gotten easier, and I've put it behind me to focus on the children I have with me. I hope things get easier for you!
mama91605
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Every day I think about the fact that my baby should be turning 1 on the 16th of next month.  My oldest will be 8 on the same day, I also have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a baby due in Nov.  I will always miss my baby I lost.  I thought maybe after i got pregnant again, it would stop hurting so much and i was very wrong.  I still miss my baby every day.  I love the 3, almost 4 girls i have and am very blessed to have them here and healthy, but I will never stop missing my angel.

Ihold8Stars
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope things getting easier for you to. They say time heals I don't think we really heal. I just think We are built to survive and with time our human nature pushes us forward. We cant focus on our loss forever or we would never gain again.

Quoting countrymommy11:

My due date was suppose to be September 15th of this month, and every time I see or look at baby things I tear up. I have for months wondered if I was having a girl and boy and I want to know! I never will, of course! I've had dreams of my baby, can never tell what it would have been... I hope it gets better for you!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) I am sorry for your loss hun.  I have had my rainbow baby since my loss but I know how your feeling because I still feel like a part of me is missing.  My dh was affected by our loss but not like I was and in all honesty I don't even know if he thinks about are angel anymore.

Childless2012
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember the due dates and the dates i miscarried both my babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN