Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleeding and cramps

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am on day 20 since delivering my baby at 19 weeks. I was told to expect bleeding similar to the bleeding after a full term delivery. I am still bleeding, with most of it being dark brown and more like spotting most days. On occasion, the flow increases it's got red mixed in with it.

This morning I woke up with some heavy duty menstraul like cramps. I feel like I should be expecting a heavy period flow, but nothing yet. Normal? My bleeding with my live births didn't seem to last this long - at least not the dark stuff  - but I was also breastfeeding, and I know that can help with uterus contractions and closing off those blood vessels. I'm just so ready for this part to be over with already. How much longer should I expect it to continue?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
My PP bleeding ended rather quickly with my 19week still birth. Sounds like maybe you are trying to start your period while finishing up PP bleeding. Sorry sweetie hope you feel better
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Well boo. That sucks lol.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

My PP bleeding ended rather quickly with my 19week still birth. Sounds like maybe you are trying to start your period while finishing up PP bleeding. Sorry sweetie hope you feel better
wife-4-life
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Im sorry for your loss. With my last MC (I was 9wks preg) I bled do a total of 7wks. There was bright red stuff, dark brown stuff, clots and intense cramping. I also have endo and pcos so the bed ridden cramping is normal for me. If its still pp bleeding and red shows up, maybe you're over exerting yourself? I'm sorry. Wish I could be more help.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Thank you fir your reply. That kind of sounds like what I'm dealing with. I have PCOS too. But I haven't been over doing anything. Outside of picking up my house and taking care if my family, I'm not very active - which is killing me. I want to get out and do more, but I'm holding back for now.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Im sorry for your loss. With my last MC (I was 9wks preg) I bled do a total of 7wks. There was bright red stuff, dark brown stuff, clots and intense cramping. I also have endo and pcos so the bed ridden cramping is normal for me. If its still pp bleeding and red shows up, maybe you're over exerting yourself? I'm sorry. Wish I could be more help.
Angela4boys
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM

When I lost my 16 week baby, I bled for 26 days, and then my period started on day 30.   The few days leading up to my period, my cramps and backache were so bad I could barely stand up straight.  That period was really heavy too....well, all my periods are heavy, but that one was particularly heavy. 

Someone told me that it wasn't my period because the bleeding had to stop for 2 weeks to be a period...but in my case that wasn't true, and after that period, I had another 28 days later...it was definitely my period. 

Cal2006
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I delivered my Callie at 20 weeks. I bleed for 2-4 weeks (sorry I'm not sure that time period for me was a blur. 20 days seems within that range, but I know that I was bright red within 2 weeks for sure. I would go to the doc....I think you had tried to make an appt but they cancelled it. Hopefully you'll be able to get in this time...

Sorry hun

Diane1223
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I miscarried at 6 weeks along,& I bled for 2 weeks, got my period about a month after I miscarried .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)