Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

rainbow baby's birth

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 41 Replies
6 moms liked this
My rainbow baby is finally here. Gemma Rose was born 9-3-13 at 6:27pm. The day was a horrible mess. I finally had come to peace with the c-section, but needed a few things to go my way. Well I was told to go to L&D at noon and the c-section would be at 2-3. I was told I could eat breakfast- WRONG. So they bumped the time to 5. Then my doc came in and told me the anesthesiologist who was there that evening was not very good at doing spinals (uh how the heck do you keep your job then?) And the bummer was if I had to be put all the way out my husband could not be in the room :( My doc tried to talk me into coming back the next day at noon, but we needed to be done with this adventure so we proceeded. Anesthesiologist told me himself that a lot of times spinals don't work so he must know he sucks too- figuers mine didn't work so I was put out. GREAT news is my doc grabbed my husband right before and told him "you can't come in, but you can wait at the door and she left the door wide open. He actually had a better view and got the actual "birth" on video, plus all her first moments! I came out of anesthesia fairly fast and was able to breastfeed and do skin to skin within an hour. I don't know who picks a c-section, the recovery is a lot worse than a vaginal delivery. I am not in horrible pain, but it sucks to be so sore caring for a newborn. My DH is IN LOVE! If he could breastfeed, I would be useless. Little Gemma is an amazing baby. She sleeps wonderfully, and is patient with me while I bumble breastfeeding. I feel so blessed. The first night I told her all about her family, and how she looks like her Daddy... and I told her that God loves her and gave her to us because He loves her so much, and I told her about Lily. She and Lily have the same mouth, Daddy's mouth. We are home now and I feel so blessed. Pictures in replies. Remember miracles do happen
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Me crying when I first saw her.

Daddy spoiling baby Gem

My sweet girl on the ride home

Namaste09
by Samantha on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
She is soo beautiful congrats!!!
JMmama
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!! Yes, c-sections suck but the first few days are the hardest. It does get better.she is adorable.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I love baby cheeks :-)

She is beautiful and I'm so glad she is here and healthy! I hope your recovery is a speedy one.
jae414
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Aww, Congrats! She's beautiful!
Iluvmyshortcake
by Jenny on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Been Cafemom stalking waiting for update lol!! She is beautiful!!
wife-4-life
by Shannon on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
She's so beautiful! Congrats mama!
Irene1923
by Tina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Aww. She is absolutely precious...such a beautiful rainbow. Congratulations! I hope your recovery is quick. I am so happy for you.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Leslie and I were trying to figure out why it was taking so long.  I was thinking maybe you went in, and Gemma had flipped head down and had a vaginal instead...or maybe there were a lot of emergencys and you got bumped...the eating thing crossed my mind, but I thought nah, that wouldn't have happend...hahaha, figures that's what it was. 

I'm glad she's here :(  I'm sorry you needed to be put out though, that's disappointing...but oh so worth it to see her!  Congratulations :)  Next time it'll go much smoother ;)

1moretolove
by Beverly on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Congratulations! She's precious!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)