Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Rough day.... sad and really mad

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
Today has been rough... Got home last night to find a letter from my insurance saying they were denying my claim from my surgery two months ago when I lost our baby at 20 weeks.... here it is the worst possible moment of my life and now I have this huge bill. I called the insurance today. They are saying that my plan doesn't cover what they consider an abortion.... I did not have an abortion, definatly not a voluntary one, I WANTED this baby; I had a cerclage removed because I developed a serious infection that ruptured the membranes. My MD sent them a letter explainging the extenuating circumstances and that it was a life saving (my life) proceedure and that my baby was still born... they denied anyway.... so freaken mad, guess I was supposed to die. I plan on appealing and had my MD send me my medical records and a copy of the letter they sent (it was a very good letter, so I'm not sure what I can say to convence them to pay). So, I finally looked thru my records and I now know that we had a little girl... I now I cannot stop crying thinking about what should have been... maybe I was wrong, I thought my not knowing was hard, but I think this knowing is way worse, it is like I lost her all over again
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I am so sorry! That's weird that they're still not wanting to pay after your Dr wrote them a letter. Usually it comes down to how the Dr bills it as to whether or not they will pay (there are different codes the Dr puts in, like sku numbers for items in the store but in this case it's basically an item number for your treatment/procedure). If the Dr says it was a legit procedure and not an elective abortion, they should have no problems covering it. I'd definitely be appealing that! Hugs!

DFWmama
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Knowing the gender is very hard! A double whammy! I lost my son at 19 weeks! :(

Kimbo78
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
So sorry :( good luck with the appeal
katybatybear
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I opened a bill today from the old doctor wanting $345 from all the procedures that they provided.  After their lack of response and their "wait and see" attitude, I felt like sending it back with my type of response. I would tell them that I was going to wait and see if I wanted to pay it.  I could have sent them monopoly money because that's what I feel I got...Fake care.....just wanted to set the letter on fire it made me so mad.  I just know that the old doctor will never treat me ever again.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry. It really is awful when that happens. I hope they approve your appeal.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I am so sorry :(  Insurance is such a stupid thing, so often!  Appeal, appeal!  Abortion, is a medical term....I hate it, and that it is used so freely....but your insurance company should know that, they're just being little idiots.  ((((hugs)))  I'm sorry you are going through this. 

I'm sorry about your baby girl.  I know it's hard, but I'm glad you know...I think that it may help with closure as time passes.  If you haven't, you could pick a name for her, maybe order some memorial items in her memory, like Calvin's hats, Mauras Mission, etc.  I cherish those items I have for my babies.

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I am so very sorry. Hoping they get it situated for you so you dont have to worry. Thinking of you and i am sure over time it will be comforting to know she was a baby girl. Maybe get something in memory of her. Thinking of you
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hugs I am sorry. I think in the long run knowing the gender will bring peace. I agree naming her and finding memorial items might bring you some comfort. As for the bill- fight it and have the doc help. Its probably coded wrong, because it was medically needed so they should cover it
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry your having to deal with that hun.  I hope it get's situated soon so you don't have to deal with that stress anymore.

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. What an awful thing for your insurance to do! I agree with the others, I would be appealing their descion until exhausting all options. It's ridiculus that they aren't covering.

I hope knowing gets easier for you. We knew it was a boy before we lost ours, and for me, it was better to say goodbye to a son than an unknown baby. But, since we already knew, we don't know what it would've been like to not know. I think Angel4boys gave some good advice - maybe give her a name and get something to remember her by. I'm looking for an angel necklace to wear for my son. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)