Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

pathology after miscarriage???

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
I miscarried my daughter last week Friday at 20 weeks.All this time no one from bereavement team has called nor the social worker..so after being transfered around a doctor finally called me and said I have an appointment next week to get the results for her pathology results...I'm so anxious to know what they are..

My question is has anyone gone through this and if so what steps did u take after u got the results???
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss hun. I had a very early loss so they couldn't test to see what might have caused my loss.  But you will be in my thoughts and I do hope they were able to get some answers for you hun.

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I had a loss at 19 weeks, but we didn't do any testing on him. My husband and I both kind of felt like it wouldn't give us any closer, and my doctor told us that they often can't find anything anyways. I kind of wish I did it though. I lost mine 5 weeks ago, and have yet to meet with the doctor (that's another vent though). 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm sorry no one gave you support after. I haven't but I hope you can get some answers.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I didn't have pathology done on my first loss.  I just couldn't bear the thought of them doing an autopsy on his little body.  But then when I lost another baby 6 months later, I was really hoping to have an answer, and as hard as it was for me, I chose to have pathology done.  Unfortunately, the pathology came back that everything was normal.  And that was hard.  Having them come back that there was no reason that the baby died was really hard.  I wanted some sort of answer.  If there were something wrong it would have been easier for me to understand why, but, nothing.  

amc103
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. :-( There are no perfect words, but know that we're here for you. :-( HUGS!

bcp1020
by chandra on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....I lost my daughter 9 weeks ago at 20 weeks due to premature labor (due to an incompotent cervix) and a sever infection in uterus.... no pathology done on the baby because up until the point that the infection ruptured the membranes she was ok...dr said she was perfect...I think knowing that hurt more because I then felt more like it was my fault though I know it really wasn't. If you are like me and need answers I hope you find some. This group is great and so supportive. Again I am very sorry for your loss
Devious103102
by Priscilla on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

(((hugs)))  The hospital I deal with sucks, horribly (military hospital). I didn't get the results from whatever little bit of labwork they did till the website was "up and running", MONTHS later. There wasn't much to find, all it said was that my son passed between 15-16 weeks (I was 17w 5d preg when I went into labor/delivered him, we didn't know at that point that he had already passed so long before) and that it was due to an infection. Nothing about what sort of infection, how it came about, nothing =0(

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I had pathology & genetics done on fetuses from 4th preg because it was 2nd fetal demise. (Had ectopic, fetal demise, full term live birth, then the 2nd fetal demises). It gave me answers that there was a genetic problem but not an inherited one. Meaning not something passed from dh or me that showed reason for reoccurring fetal demises. The genetic abnormality was consistent w what causes twin to twin transfusion & the fetuses it caused my twins to expire early on at 10wks. So it eased my mind that it was not inherent or recurring. It also told me the sexes which was hard to take in at the time. It made the babies even that much more of a loss. I'm glad to know now though....
sjozuna06
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Do you have any other babies??
I just had ectopic pregnancy and had a surgery on.the 19th... The baby had heartbeat until they took him/her out... :(

Quoting Angela4boys:

I didn't have pathology done on my first loss.  I just couldn't bear the thought of them doing an autopsy on his little body.  But then when I lost another baby 6 months later, I was really hoping to have an answer, and as hard as it was for me, I chose to have pathology done.  Unfortunately, the pathology came back that everything was normal.  And that was hard.  Having them come back that there was no reason that the baby died was really hard.  I wanted some sort of answer.  If there were something wrong it would have been easier for me to understand why, but, nothing.  

cookiesMOM12
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Thank u all.my doctor told me the same thing about not finding anything sometimes but he also did say that if it did come back with something then we would atleast have a startinf point dor diagnosis...im hope.i never did any test on my lil boy but then this happened again at the same 5 mons and plus my lil preemie that almost didnt make it at 26 weeks..i want answers now if i can get them because its frustrationg when dr.'s say here take this or that and hope to go far this time...im tired hearing that...so i also have an appt with a doctor that supposably deals with misscarriage...thank u all for sharing and your support.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)