Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

work after miscarriage?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
I lost my lil one last week 9/13/13 and I was 20 weeks.I'm due to return back this Monday,my schedule isn't to bad because I work only 4 hours a day.its not my duties that I'm worried about its that over whelming feeling of "oh,what happened to the baby" or "how did it happen" type of comments imma hear.I know I have to go back at some point and I know my financial situation can't take it.

How long did it take you to get back to work after a loss?and how did u deal with the question?
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lissa_is_preggo
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I lost my baby boy on 09/19 at 18 weeks. I am suppose to go back tomorrow. There's just no way  I'm going to be able to. Even if I don't have PTO, I'm not going in tomorrow. For some of the exact same reasons that you have. I work in an office and everyone knows that he's gone. I am not looking forward to it either.

My prayers are with you.

Jeremy Melissa [[07*26*08]] = Rylee Rae {{10*21*08}}

BFP on 06/22/13 after 42 months of TTC

Wesley Grey grew his wings on 09/19/13...gone but NEVER forgotten!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I'm not sure I didn't work when I lost my angel. But I'm sure it will be hard. I would ask a supervisor or friend to let everyone at work know so you get no questions.
sjozuna06
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I be going back to work soon... Idk how I gonna deal with it either... I sure there will be questions, if not the looks...
cookiesMOM12
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I just calldd out for today..i couldnt bring myself to get up and go...i guess it would be easier if people at my job werent so noisy..i have a short fuse for stupidity and i can already imagine them flat out asking what happen as soon as my hand touches the door.i work in a hospital which is a big net work so imagine if u practically new everyone!!!!.im def going in tomorrow because ill be off wednesday.i just dont what the paparazzi in my face sort of say.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I am a stay at home mom, and honestly, I didn't even really leave the house for about a month.  I did once, around 2 weeks post partum, and that was only to go and pick up my babies ashes.  I just really didn't want to talk to anyone except my husband and kids.  I wouldn't even answer the phone, when people would call I would just text them back.  (((hugs)))  I wish you luck hun.

cookiesMOM12
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Thank u....
cookiesMOM12
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I have an appt this thursday for grief therapy...im hoping to be open about stuff..it be one crazy year my daughter a preemue last year at 26 weeks and now this.i only really care to deal with dh,my mom whos our rock and our lil princess no one else...
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I dealt with the questions one at a time. I lost my first baby at 20 weeks like you, so most people knew I was pregnant. I just told them I lost the baby. Most people unless we were really close didn't ask for more. Those that did, I answered honestly. I was in a daze that first month...it hurt each time...but got easier each time too.  I also had a friend in the office that ran some interference for me. She had told some people so they knew...which made it easier. if you have someone like that, i would use them. :)

Sorry for your loss sweetie...it is tough getting through the first month at work. At least it was for me. I did better at home with the hubby...but I work 9-11 hour days...so you might get back to "normal" quicker with the 4 hour days.

So sorry for your loss. My 20 week loss has been the hardest on me....

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I wasnt far along only 4-5 weeks so no one at my work luckily knew I was pregnant.  I returned to work after the weekend it happened on a Friday and I went into work that Monday I sat at my desk fighting back tears that is when I googled and found this site that has helped me alot.  I am sorry about your loss and I hope going back to work won't be to terrible for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)