Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Filling the Void

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

After 2 failed pregnancies (and no living children), I have had a hard time filling that emptiness in my life. We got a puppy, and that helped, but he is no human. However, in a series of unexpected events, we moved from our home back in with my DH parents and I found it. The house across the street from us has 13 people, with a woman raising her children and now 4 of her grandchildren. She is not able to provide for all of them what they need most, attention and loads and loads of love. She is one person who is spent and I feel for her.

When we moved in, the youngest of the grandkids (age 5) found what he needed in us, and us in him. His mother is a drug addict who never wanted kids (and tells them that to their faces). Their grandmother has custody of all 4 boys. Other than living for my DH, I now feel like I have someone to live for. He is my everything. I think about him all day when he is at Kindergarten and cant wait for him to come home. He does all but sleep at my house every day since we moved in. My DH loves him just as much and even has the priviage of being his music teacher at school. He is in constant contact with him regular teacher about his progress.

So what am I saying? I am saying I feel just about complete. I still want to give birth to my own children, but for now this is EXACTLY what we needed in our lives. Someone for us to love and care for who needs us just as much.

Have you found anything to fill your void?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alishmyers91
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

After my MC I worked at a daycare with 4 toddlers, It helped me alot!!

blessedmommie07
My life is busy and I love it!
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
by Desiree on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
That's nice of you to take a child who needs love under your wing.

What feels my void is my two older boys and now my rainbow. I would be lost without them all.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to tell ya, that is the sweetest story ever!  Thank you for sharing.  (((hugs)))

ACrystalLilly
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

The universe has given you a gift beyond measure.  Thank You for being a safe haven for this child who needs guidance while his original family is otherwise dealing with issues.

Blessings to you and your DH for a healthy LO of your own very soon.  

This just proves that Love comes from the least expected places and just in perfect time.

lissa_is_preggo
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

That's so sweet! 

My DD is my miracle baby, in more ways than one! We found out that I have an incompetent cervix after losing Wesley, and from what the doctors told me, there was no medical reason why she should have gone to full term. She's my bright spot in my day :)

Jeremy Melissa [[07*26*08]] = Rylee Rae {{10*21*08}}

BFP on 06/22/13 after 42 months of TTC

Wesley Grey grew his wings on 09/19/13...gone but NEVER forgotten!

snakesNsnails
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That is beautiful..after 6 years of infertility, testing and treatments I finally gave up ttc and we became foster parents. The first little boy placed in our care was almost two. I fell instantly in love with him and knew why I was never able to have babies..it was so I could take care of him. We had him for a year..He went back to his mom 2 weeks before I gave birth to my miracle baby. : )  Bless you!

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Vey sweet so glad you are there to help
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)