Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

worried i dont know if im having a miscarriage :(

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi im 8 weeks pregnant and i have been bleeding a pinky red colour for around 5 days now the bleeding stopped for a day yesturday and i decided to have sex with my partner. As soon as we finished i wiped and there was blood clot i ran upstairs to take a look and it looked like a meety bright red lump im rarther scared and was wondering if anyones has had this throughout there pregnancy or am i having a miscarriage?? Thanks
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Bright red blood would be worrisome. Pinkish with spotting can be normal. But if your worried I would call and see your doctor to make sure.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Really, the only way of knowing for certain is going to your doctor.  Are you cramping at all?  I would really go to the doctor.

Lizzy128
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Light bleeding is common, but it is the deeper red blood that I would call about.

wife-4-life
by Shannon on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I bled red thru out one of my pregnancies because of subchorionic hemorrhage. It healed itself and I had a very healthy baby girl.

I suggest you go to your dr. They can at least do an u/s or blood work to check your levels. Everyone's body is diff. A normal period to me includes heavy bleeding and large clotting. But when I had a MC it was like that too.
davegirl
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Dannielle. I totally understand your fears...my experience unfortunately did end in a miscarriage. The statistics are 50/50 with bleeding in the first trimester. Sometimes it is a simple tear in the cervix or uterine blood from stretching...other times it is more ominous. The only way to know is to call your doctor. Tell them in no uncertain terms that you want to be seen right away and you want an u/s. I let the reception lady at my OB tell me to just get bloodwork. Turns out my doctor told her later when she saw the note in my chart that she wanted me to have an u/s but it was too late, I was at work and got the message later. Had to go to the ER and wait six hours for this cold bitch to tell me I was going to pass "tissue." DON'T GO TO THE ER. If you have to wait a bit for your OB, you will be glad you did..they are so much nicer and understanding. Good luck and I hope it is just weird pregnancy bleeding and everything turns out okay for you <3

dannielle1992
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Thankyou you all have realy helped me
with your advice :)
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM

The only way to know for sure is if you get seen by your doctor 

Christinadelia
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Go to see doctor as soon as you suspect any issues. Better safe than sorry. They will run tests to check your blood hcg levels more than likely and do an ultrasound. Make sure you get them to explain everything in detail to you! Bc from my experience they just try to pass you off and leave out details. Good luck to you.
mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Keep us updated after you go to the dr. Praying
mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
How are you doing today?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN