Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Post miscarriage and confused

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm in a really confusing spot right now.  Here's a timeline:

May 12 - BFP

June 28 - First ob appointment w/ultrasound.  Baby measuring barely 6 weeks and no detectable heart beat, though I was 10+5 since LMP.  Had blood drawn for quantiative HCG.

July 1 - Second blood drawn for quantiative HCG.

July 2 - Mid-wife tells me my HCG levels dropped significantly.

July 3 - U/S at the hospital.  No growth and still no heart beat.  Doctor confirms miscarriage and prescribs Cytotech.

July 8 - First follow up.  Miscarriage not complete, given a second round of cytotech.

July 17 - U/S confirmed gestational sac has been passed.

I bleed for about 2 weeks.  By Labor Day weekend I still had not gotten my visit from AF. 

Sept 1 - Positive home test

Sep 3 - Blood drawn for quantiative HCG - Results 65

Sept 10 - Blood drawn for quantivative HCG - Results 67

Sept 19 - Thirs blood test - Results 91

Still no AF visit.  Having some pregnancy symptoms, but not as bad as when I was pregnant.  I'm just really confused.  I'm afraid to be hopeful right now.  DH and I would like to have a child together.  I really want to hope that I am pregnant again and I'm just having a slow rising hormone issue.  I'm concerned that I am pregnant but it's ectopic (have no ectopic pregnancy symptoms) or blighted ovum.

I am just wondering if anyone has had something similiar, or a low rising hormones.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sjozuna06
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I didn't have any special symptoms for.ectopic except the bleeding... But I just had reg pregnancy symptoms and didn't know until the pain...
Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'm sorry. I haven't had any of the experiences you described. Here is a bump

bump

davegirl
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hi. My hormones rose slowly as well...unfortunately I had a miscarriage. This does not mean you will again this time, I have heard hormone levels are supposed to double every 48 hours but is not always the case with every woman...some babies are just "slow starters."

My doctor said the next time we could try progesterone therapy...it doesn't hurt the baby even if he/she doesn't really need it, but hormones that are out of whack can cause miscarriages. I would recommend talking to your doctor about this...I also heard there was a pill that could help HCG levels rise. If your doctor will not prescribe either pill I would find a new one, as I have heard some doctors refuse to prescribe progesterone after only one loss...to me, one is more than enough, thank you. I know we will try again once the emotional pain has mostly healed and I will do everything I can the next time to protect my baby. Good luck and I am praying you will have your rainbow baby <3

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I'm guessing because your dr's office said nothing about your progesterone levels, that they are fine (but I might ask them where they are).

Just pay attention to your body for any aches pains that might send you in a tizzy. I've experienced an ectopic when I was less than a month along (and I was switching bc pills as I had stopped nursing my daughter who was about 14 months old). I complained of being constipated and bloated. Plus with that pregnancy I had low progesterone levels.

I might ask your dr that due to the slowly rising numbers if they could do a u/s to see how things look. I had to push saying something because I was nieve and thought that they would have wanted to exam me, as my first loss had been a mc, and I had a rough weekend between draws.

Hoping that all is fine with yours and you don't have to deal with anything bad this round. (hugs)

BreeBeyea
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I have to wait a couple days to call the women's health clinic, my dr's office has a consult in. Just have to wait for them to receive and accept it. I'm pretty sure they will be doing an u/s. Other then the bleeding with the miscarriage, none since. I am having a bit of an issue with certain smells, occasional nausea, fatigue, and a similar sleeping issues like I had when I was pregnant. There are a few of the pregnancy symptoms I had before that I'm not having right now. Just so confusing.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I have no clue...either it's a new, non viable pregnancy I'm afraid, or possible left over tissue from the first pregnancy, since you haven't really had a period.  HCG levels can fluctuate during a loss, typically they go down, but I have seen some ladies here have their levels do little rises and falls. 

I'm no doctor, but honestly, if this is all dating back several months, and you've not had a period, and there is no reason that you shouldn't be missing your period...I'd be thinking you may need a D&C. 

BreeBeyea
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Given that my DH and I have had sex a couple of times since my miscarriage, there is a possibility that I could be pregnant again.  I know there is a possibility that it could be either ectopic (though not having any signs of that) or blighted ovum.  I know that there is also a possibility that there is still tissue that didn't pass.  I know that is the most likely thing.  I have an appointment with a GYN on Friday afternoon.  I'm trying to be hopeful that this could be a Rainbow Baby, but realistic that there is something else going on.  Mentally I think I would be better with the left over tissue, than a non-viable pregnancy.  The idea of going through knowing that I was pregnant again and not going to have a baby hurts too much and is too soon for me to deal with.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I am not sure. Any update?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)