Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant After Miscarriage, SCARED!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 21 Replies

Dec. 4,2012 I lost my first baby at 6 weeks. And i Just found out that I am pregnant again. It is a total suprise. I want to be happy about it, but im just too terrified that I will lose this baby too, and this time I found out even sooner that i was pregnant, I am 4 weeks 6 days. I am just hoping to make it past 6 weeks.  I am just wondering if anyone else has been afraid like this, and if you ever relaxed during your pregnancy? Btw, my husband is currently deployed, so i think that is adding to the worry...

Thanks, Vicky

Any other military mommas out there, feel free to message me.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBoomer
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I understand your fear. I lost my first one at 5 weeks. Part of me thinks I will be less paranoid the second time around because I've been through it, but I think in reality I'll be just as freaked out as before. I want to tell you not to worry but we are women and that's what we do when it comes to our babies. I work in an OB office and see tons of patients carry healthy pregnancies to term after m/c. Keep the faith and don't let the fear steal away the joy of knowing you are pregnant. If you want to ease your mind a little, give your OB office a call. They can do blood work to ensure your hcg levels are going up and in a couple weeks check on it with an ultrasound. It would be too early to see anything right now, but soon they would be able to. If you ever have any questions or want to talk, feel free to send me a message.
Angela4boys
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a natural fear Hun! Praying for you and baby (((hugs)))
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss. And congrats! It is normal to be scared after your loss. I just had my rainbow but I was worried throughout the pregnancy. It's always in the back of your mind. My husband was active duty but he is out now.
ilovemykids323
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I lost my first 7 2007 I got pregnant in august of 2007 and of course was terrified of it. I did mellow out after i reached 12 weeks but the thought of losing my baby was always with me and I think has been with each of my pregnancies since.

momofcrazypants
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats! I'm currently pregnant with our rainbow and we've just passed 23w. Your fears are normal. After a loss, we're all on high alert. Sending positive thoughts your way.

jonsgrl2012
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Thank you to everyone who has responded, it seems my fear will never go away, but it does make me feel a little better knowing im not the only one going crazy :)

Irene1923
by Tina on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:03 AM
I lost my first two pregnancies but just had my rainbow two months ago. I won't say it goes away but once I could feel her move the fear and worry lessened a lot. The first trimester was very stressful but I found celebrating every new milestone helped. Congratulations and I hope everything goes perfect for you.
mylilprincesses
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Congrats!

Definitely understand your fear. I got pregnant 3 months after losing my son and I was constantly in and out of the ER to make sure I didn't lose my baby. I was so terrified!
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss hun but congrats on your current pregnancy.  Sending lots of sticky dust your way and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.  I had a my rainbow baby almost 2 years ago and my best advice is just take things day by day and do your best to no think about the what if's.

NewMamaBoo
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I was scared right away and it took until I found out shes a girl and saw her moving and healthy to really get excited again. It can still be hard some days since you never know what will happen and for me there is always a slight worry in the back of my mind. It's different for everyone I'm sure. I wish you peace of mind and a happy healthy baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)