Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

could it be a rainbow?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
After having a d and c 3 weeks ago today due to a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks I started taking tests every 2 to three days from 2 weeks post d and c. They werent really fading that much so told doc who did a hcg beta last monday and got told today I have to have repeat this monday although they didnt tell me the number. However after taking all my tests in mornings with strong positives still I took one at work exactly 1 week after my first test around lunch time and got a very dark line that was nearly as dark as the control line! All the tests were the same brand. What do you ladies think? Im not getting hopes up but past few days had painful breasts and nipples with a little sensitivity and today had so many little cramp and sharp pains that have lasted seconds. We first had sex 10 days after d and c. I have very irregular cycles like 2 a year due to pcos so dont have a clue whether ovulated or not. Its stressing me out now ive got a darker line!! All opinions welcome :)
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Not sure. Those could also mean menstrual coming in as well.
davegirl
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Could be...kind of in the same boat here. No AF and she was due a few days ago...but when we had sex it was nowhere near when I usually ovulate. Took an HPT tonight and part of the "plus" showed maybe? But eyes could be playing tricks? The cramps could be implantation...hoping if it turns out to be a rainbow it's what you wanted!

chez591
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankyou both of you got my fingers crossed for you davegirl! Keep me posted :)
Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM

It took me about 3 weeks after my 9 week loss, to get my first negative test.  I think if you are still having dark tests, I would need to have another ultrasound before I agreed to repeat the proceedure.  It is possible they missed some tissue, a D&C is a blind proceedure.  But there is also the chance you could be pregnant...I'd definitely have another ultrasound to be sure what's going on.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM

You can always call your dr back and ask what the number was and when you get the results from the next blood test, get the numbers.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

davegirl
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Went to see the dr. today...their urine test was negative, but I showed her the home test and she looked very puzzled. She said it could be leftover tissue causing it, but sent me for a blood test to check the HCG levels...waiting to hear on that. I will be excited if it is a pregnancy, but I don't think too disappointed if it's not because the next time to ttc is right around the corner! :-)

SrkStrickland
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

It very well could be! They say you're most fertile right after a miscarriage so you never know. My fingers are crossed for you! Good luck!

chez591
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Thankyou very much! I had some strong pains down below last night which felt like I was going to bleed a river however I only got small brown spotting and had no more since and having strange different weird feelings today so will take another test this afternoon to see whether its getting even darker or lighter :)
mommyofnoah208
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Good luck! it is hard to say. keep us posted

chez591
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Just an update guys. Ended up back at hospital this week due to really bad pain. My levels werw at 52 on monday and dropped to 50 wed. So they said they are taking there time but will eventually go down but everything looks healthy with no problems. And they also think the reason for baby dieing is that my lining wasnt healthy enough due to lack of periods 1 a year! Due to pcos. So have been told to get to docs about going on metformin to help for regular cycles before trying again. Soupset that its nearly over. So doesnt look like my rainbrainbows in the horizon just yet. Thankyou for the support and comments xx
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)