Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Updated again. Updated. Crazy how life can change so quickly (ot)

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 55 Replies
I'm in the hospital. I was fine yesterday morning. Then around 1030 I got really dizzy and blacked out. My heart started beating crazy. I could see my chest and stomach quivering from the crazy beating. I was home alone. I called my sister and my husband. I needed someone there fast. I passed out. My dh got home and got me to the er. They took me straight back. My hr was 240 and my bp was all over the place. I couldn't feel my fingers. I had multiple drs and nurses working on me. It was VERY scary. They started pushing iv meds to get my hr down. They got my hr down to 170's but I was still in SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) and a flutter the cardiologist came in around 3 and was talking about putting me under to shock my heart into a normal rhythm. They upped some meds then around 4 my heart converted back to a normal sinus rhythm. I felt it. I knew it before the dr came back in. Hr is still high. I'm here for monitoring and more tests. They are letting Presley stay with me b/c my mom is staying too. My dh is back home with the boys. Please keep me in your prayers.

Update:

Physically, I'm doing good. Emotionally, I'm a wreck. No clue why all this happened. I'm goubg to be wearing hr monitor for a few weeks. And the cardiologist is talking about long term heart meds that may or may not be safe with breaatfeeding. Breaatfeeding means the world to me. Praying all of this works out. Im scared to be on the meds b/c of Presley but I'm scared to not be on them b/c of me...I haven't cried this much in a while. I'm scared to even move too fast b/c I don't want it to happen again :-( prayers are really appreciated right now

Updated again:

So I am on heart meds long term and I CAN still nurse Presley!!!! The only "concern" would be if she was on an H2 blocker like Zantac. She is not. Ill be wearing a heart rate monitor for a few weeks and the dr wants me to even start teaching again later this week. Scary... But he wants to see what my heart does. Praying the meds keep it from happening ever again.

I also learned my heart was in A flutter for a while and that's the reason the meds are an absolute must. I honestly don't know a lot about all of this avd googling just freaks me out...

Ill go back to the cardiologist again in two weeks.

Thanks for all of the prayers!!! I really appreciate it.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Oh my! Prayers that everything will be ok.
Irene1923
by Tina on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM
You are definitely in my prayers! I know it may be hard but please keep us updated. That must have been so frightening. I hope they can figure out what happened and that everything is ok. I glad Presley and your mom can stay with you. You and your family are in my thoughts. *Hugs*
Samantha1114
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I haven't been on in awhile. That is so scary! Will be thinking of you and praying for you. Congrats on Presley...
momofcrazypants
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Oh no Elizabeth! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So glad Presley and your mom are there with you. Big hugs!!!

jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
You are in my prayers! So scary! Get well soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
How scary! You are in my prayers! I hope the doctors figure out what happened and get you back on your feet soon.
mommyofnoah208
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Praying for you. So glad you are here and they seem like they have it under control. So scary. Will bepraying for sure.
echupko
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Oh my! Prayers that everything will be ok.
echupko
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Thanks.

Quoting Irene1923:

You are definitely in my prayers! I know it may be hard but please keep us updated. That must have been so frightening. I hope they can figure out what happened and that everything is ok. I glad Presley and your mom can stay with you. You and your family are in my thoughts. *Hugs*
echupko
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Thank you

Quoting Samantha1114:

I haven't been on in awhile. That is so scary! Will be thinking of you and praying for you. Congrats on Presley...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)