Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My boss told everyone

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 16 Replies

For those of you who don't remember - I had a MC a month ago at about 13 weeks pregnant. I hadn't told anyone but my boss and HR yet that I was pregnant. I work in a large office; about 30 people. When I came back from the D&C, I thought some people were acting odd around me but I assumed they were mad that I missed a big meeting while I was out. I've come to find out in the past week or so that my boss told just about everyone in the office why I was out last month.

I know that a lot of women on here want people to know and want to talk about their MC, but for me, this time, it was a very private thing. I had another MC a few years ago at 15 weeks and people said horrible things to me. I didn't want to endure that this time. It's probably old news to everyone else now but I'm upset! She had no right to share my private information.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JRSMOM0621
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Um seriously?? that is NOT for your boss to be discussing! I would have been royally pissed and took it to her. That is private. When I had to go into my D&C the boss just told everyone that I was out sick. Only a few people knew I was pregnant (mostly due to the fact I couldnt shut up about it) but I told them when I was ready for people to know. I am so sorry for your 2 angels. We are here if you need us group hug

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I am sorry she mad a sad situation that much worse.  I would tell her that you wish she wouldn't have shared and tell her that people can be cruel, often without meaning to, and you were trying to avoid that.  Hugs, I would mention this to her or HR because it really was improper.

Cal2006
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM

As an HR professional...she had absolutely no right to tell ANYONE. I would report her to HR immediately.

I am so sorry.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I'm so so sorry...
Saydar
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM

But she didn't do anything illegal, did she? My boss is vindictive and I'm afraid that if I report her, she'll find a way to get back at me for it. I'm upset, but I'm afraid to express my displeasure let alone report her.

Quoting Cal2006:

As an HR professional...she had absolutely no right to tell ANYONE. I would report her to HR immediately.

I am so sorry.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Oh wow!  She absolutely had no right to tell anyone!  I'd be upset too!  How did you know, did someone tell you?  What was the context in which he or she did that?

Saydar
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Yes, someone told me that she was gossiping about it. My boss loves to gossip.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh wow!  She absolutely had no right to tell anyone!  I'd be upset too!  How did you know, did someone tell you?  What was the context in which he or she did that?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Oh wow!  Did you confront her, are you going to?  I'm so non confrontational, but I think I would still...to let her know that I was not happy about her taking that liberty.

Quoting Saydar:

Yes, someone told me that she was gossiping about it. My boss loves to gossip.

Quoting Angela4boys:

MsDenuninani
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM

That was seriously inappropriate. I would be pissed, too.

I hope you don't ever feel the need to tell her anything private and medical again.

mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I am really sorry. that was not your boss's right at all to do :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN