Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have triggers, or do you get "signs"

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 84 Replies

Are there things that trigger your emotions?  or do you think you get some sort of "signs" regarding your baby?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I get little triggers of emotions when I see pregnant women...it's gotten much better, but for some reason, when I'm in the store, and round the corner to see a pregnant woman, my heart speeds up a little.  Or if someone announces pregnancy, I will feel a slight feeling of jealousy. Strangely, I don't if I know that the pregnancy, is a rainbow...that actually makes me feel really good. 

Signs...this cracks me up, because I dont...but I hear people say things like butterflies, ya know...so I'll see one, and think, Maybe?  Then it'll smoosh against my windshield, or a bird will come out of the sky and get it, and I'll think, ok, maybe not, hahahaha! 

mylilprincesses
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Seeing people who have kids around the age my son Jason would be. The unfairness starts to set in.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
That can be hard. When I had my losses and had to leave my due date groups, I had some friend request me...and yea, when their babies were being born it was a reminder...then they are turning 1...ugh!

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Seeing people who have kids around the age my son Jason would be. The unfairness starts to set in.
paintdrop
by Jade on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Seeing pregnant women does not hurt as much as women talking about their pregnancies or their kids. I find myself getting pretty angry or excusing myself before I start crying.

What really makes me angry, though, is the "It wasn't meant to happen" or "Maybe next time". They feel like a brush off, like it's no big deal.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
(((Hugs)))

I don't think people realize how insensitive the comments they make are. Like life has no value....better luck next time doesn't apply here.

Quoting paintdrop:

Seeing pregnant women does not hurt as much as women talking about their pregnancies or their kids. I find myself getting pretty angry or excusing myself before I start crying.

What really makes me angry, though, is the "It wasn't meant to happen" or "Maybe next time". They feel like a brush off, like it's no big deal.
Irene1923
by Tina on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
It is hard watching all the children, who were born around the time my angels were due, turning one or learning to walk. I feel like that should be me posting about baby's first steps.
paintdrop
by Jade on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Absolutely not. I don't think most of them mean to sound cruel, like it's just a natural thing to say to someone? I try to tell myself that to feel better, but that sometimes does not work.
Quoting Angela4boys:

(((Hugs)))

I don't think people realize how insensitive the comments they make are. Like life has no value....better luck next time doesn't apply here.

Quoting paintdrop:Seeing pregnant women does not hurt as much as women talking about their pregnancies or their kids. I find myself getting pretty angry or excusing myself before I start crying.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Hard for me too.

Quoting Irene1923:

It is hard watching all the children, who were born around the time my angels were due, turning one or learning to walk. I feel like that should be me posting about baby's first steps.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Couldn't agree more!

Quoting paintdrop:

Absolutely not. I don't think most of them mean to sound cruel, like it's just a natural thing to say to someone? I try to tell myself that to feel better, but that sometimes does not work.
Quoting Angela4boys:

(((Hugs)))

Quoting paintdrop:Seeing pregnant women does not hurt as much as women talking about their pregnancies or their kids. I find myself getting pretty angry or excusing myself before I start crying.

Jessdylan01
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

One of my best friends is due around Christmas. She was a great support system for me during my loss & checks in with me daily to make sure I'm ok. I am so happy for her but sometimes it's so hard to cheer her on & be happy. I'm doing my best to put my happy face on for her but I do it because I really am happy for her...even if I'm a little jealous too. I know I will be holdin & loving on her baby girl in the next month or so...I'm terrified of how it will affect me. Preggo moms are definitely a trigger....they have that glow that I had just a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to a time when it won't make me feel so sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)