Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart attack in utero?!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 19 Replies
My dr got the complete autopsy from my son this morning. My placenta was healthy, and there were no clots or problems with his umbilical cord. All of his organs and blood vessels were formed correctly. His cause of death was caused by a Myocardial infarction, a heart attack. They said it happened 24 or so hours prior, which seems to coincide with the last time I felt movement. He also had his first bowel movement in response, so there was meconium found. I have never heard of a baby having a heart attack in utero, doe anyone have any experience or heard of this? My dr said this was the first time she has dealt with this in all of her years practicing, but says that it is very rare, and very unlikely to happen again.
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I haven't heard of that but I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Herlache
by Jessie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Wow I'm sorry I've never heard of that happening! Now you have answers. ((hugs))
lilmama31781
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Sorry for youre loss
Shesmyworld1
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

So sorry for your loss. 

cjsix
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I am sorry for the loss of your son.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I'm so sorry.  I have never heard of that before. 

jojo_star
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I had a patient where that was found to be the cause of death in the fetus. It is very rare, in six years I had ome patient, but it does happen. Cause is most often unknown. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Oh wow, no, I've never heard of that before.  (((hugs)))  I just can't imagine being faced with that news. 

ssheffey27
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. I tried searching the internet for other cases and had no luck. I guess with it being so rare, the chances of it happening again are very low, so that does offer some comfort going forward with future pregnancies. It does break my heart to know that he felt the pain of a heart attack. I just pray that he didn't suffer long 😪
ssheffey27
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Did your patient go on to have healthy babies afterwards??

Quoting jojo_star:

I had a patient where that was found to be the cause of death in the fetus. It is very rare, in six years I had ome patient, but it does happen. Cause is most often unknown. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)