Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Things have been up and down. Some days I'm miserable. Dh best friend bascically his brother invite us to a ugly sweater party on the 28th. Dh showed me the invite list. They are all close friends. Each one of them have children and either are pregnant again or had their children a month or so after Nolan was born and left us. Dh is so excited but I'm dreading it. I don't no how I'm going to manage seeing everyone with their families and our one in only is not with us. Not sure what to do. I don't want to ruin everyone's night or make myself a mess either. If anyone has any advice. Or if they had to go through this what they did.

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Replies (11-11):
nolanquin
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM
If it was just an adult party maybe it wouldn't be as bad. Its about five married couples total coming and they are bringing their kids. The host has a 2 year old and is pregnant. One couple has a 4 year old and is pregnant. Then there is one that has a 7 year old and a baby that was born 2 months after Nolan. Then there's us.... I am very happy for them. Its just really hard..

Quoting Cal2006:

I agree with all of the ladies on here. Sometimes when I feel uncomfortable at parties, I either get tipsy so that I care less, or I sit somewhere and just let people come and visit with me. I purposedly avoided baby situations after my losses, but this isn't specifically a baby thing...it is an ugly sweater party...and maybe there won't be kids there.

The decision is yours though...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN