Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Miscarriage yesterday

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 16 Replies
I just found out yesterday that I lost my baby. I was 7 weeks. Yesterday I couldn't stop crying, today I am numb and mad. So many questions and confusion. How are some of you getting through this? I want to be a mommy so bad, when did you start trying again?
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abz626
by Abby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I would also like to say, I am so sorry for all of you! This is the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. At 25 I thought everything was going to go perfectly, and before I knew it, the thing I wanted so badly was taken away...
MsDenuninani
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I learned of my miscarriage this past August, at 10 weeks.

I get through it on a day by day basis.  I'm always keenly aware of my loss, but I try to look forward instead of back. 

My doctor advised me to wait one full cycle before trying again, and I conceived about two cycles later.  I'm worried about another miscarriage, but have surrendered to the idea that some things are just beyond  my control.

Being on this board, hearing others' stories, helps me.  We're all survivors here, and it reminds me that, yes, I will get through this.

Abz626
by Abby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for getting back to me. I can see myself not getting over this quickly and than being so worried when I do get pregnant again. This is such a traumatizing event and won't be easy to shake. My husband was a little concerned about me being on here and whether this would be good for me. But I really think speaking to someone who has gone through this is a totally different kind of "therapy" than speaking with someone who hasn't. I wish you all the luck with your pregnancy and my thoughts are with you!
ambcortez
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine's been gone 2 months now (mc'd at 7 weeks) and I'm still getting through it. I still have random days when I'm overwhelmed with sadness, days I feel fine, days I feel so angry. I still don't like being around pregnant women or newborns, and I get choked up when I am around them. I don't see an end in sight. The grief isn't as heavy as it was a month ago, but it's still there. Losing my baby was the worst thing I've ever been through.

We aren't trying for another. I have two other kids and I'm 30 now. I just don't want to go through it again.

bamamommy2009
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

the day after i went out in theback yard and just bruned things, and then shot at a can for a bit-it sounds barbaric and cavemanny but it made me feel better and got my mind off her for a little bit. in the long run talking about her, making a little memory box, and just not leting ehr slip away into memories helps me. i started trying 6 months later and are still trying.

Abz626
by Abby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I am so sorry for your loss... Have you considered trying again? One tough thing for me is I'm given no answers other than "it happens, and it could have been anything" I am more mad and confused and maybe even in denial... I don't even know what to do with myself... I took the week off from work, I am a preschool teacher and I can't imagine being able to fake a smile for them.
Abz626
by Abby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Bamamommy- I felt like breaking things last night. Almost threw my phone against the wall, instead I put it down before I did so... It is interesting that anger has taken over... I'm sure every day is going to be an obstacle of different emotions...
Herlache
by Jessie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Loosing a baby is never easy some want to start trying right away, some take a long time to mentally heal! Do what your heart tells you. There are many stages of grieving! There is no time table you must stick to. Take it day by day hour by hour. I promise you will never forget but eventually it will hurt less! ((HUGS))
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  What helps me is counseling and a local support group.

mylilprincesses
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
((Hugs)) to you! My angel mommy friends
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN