Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

why we shouldn't have to keep pregnancy a secret for the first trimester (m/c mentioned)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
http://www.xojane.com/issues/first-trimester-miscarriage-stories

Can someone make this clicky for me?? Otherwise if you're mobile you can copy and paste.

I felt like this was so perfectly written. I openly shared my loss last month with my FB network and I got quite a few PMs from other mothers who had also recently lost and never told anyone and that is so heartbreaking to me. I came across this and had to share with you ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LysNVantesMom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Thank you for this.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It's a good article thank you for sharing

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Man that made me cry. I never told anyone about my early losses, but I was very vocal about my loss of Jacob. I think one of the reasons I have healed from losing Jacob is because I openly talked about him to anyone who wanted to listen. That being said, I am 9 weeks pregnant and only my husband knows. Part of me wants everyone to know, while part of me doesn't want to, in attempt to spare myself from having to tell people bad news if it happens. It's a tough situation to be in.
Herlache
by Jessie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Great way to put it! Thanks for sharing!
.sp4rkl3z.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That's why I feel like I survived losing my son Sullivan, by openly grieving and talking about and acknowledging my feelings. And I always talk about him when the opportunity arises.

I'm also almost 7 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet!!! But I want to, DF wants to wait. We are going to announce on Christmas. I'm still terrified there's nothing in there... Won't have an ultrasound until next year :( probably at least another month.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: Man that made me cry. I never told anyone about my early losses, but I was very vocal about my loss of Jacob. I think one of the reasons I have healed from losing Jacob is because I openly talked about him to anyone who wanted to listen. That being said, I am 9 weeks pregnant and only my husband knows. Part of me wants everyone to know, while part of me doesn't want to, in attempt to spare myself from having to tell people bad news if it happens. It's a tough situation to be in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Thanks for sharing.  I think people should do what feels right to them.  I had one very public loss, in the second trimester, and another loss at 9 weeks, that nobody knew about.  That's what worked for me....but I know some people need more support from others.  I had this group at the time, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. 

.sp4rkl3z.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Don't get me wrong! I agree completely with whatever way works for each individual woman and loss!!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Thanks for sharing.  I think people should do what feels right to them.  I had one very public loss, in the second trimester, and another loss at 9 weeks, that nobody knew about.  That's what worked for me....but I know some people need more support from others.  I had this group at the time, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh goodness, no way, I agree with you!  :)  I often tell people that they should tell right away, fear of having a loss is no reason to keep the secret, especially if they would benefit from the support.  My first loss, was so hard, so public, but there is no way I could have kept it secret, I was in the hospital 5 days, very sick, and we needed support.  My second loss, at 9 weeks, I really needed the privacy, and was glad I didn't have to explain to everyone. 

I agree with you 100% everyone should do what they feel.  I think it's crazy that we have to keep things under wraps to protect us from other people, or that our emotions are somehow inappropriate, when they aren't. 

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Don't get me wrong! I agree completely with whatever way works for each individual woman and loss!!

Quoting Angela4boys:

mommyof1262
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Thank you for sharing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)