Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I feel stupid for telling people so early : (

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 23 Replies
When I found out I was pregnant we started telling people only 5 days later... People told us to be careful with telling so early but we were just so excited we couldn't keep it in and thought nothing like this would happen to me... Now that it has I feel so stupid/embarrassed for telling people. The saddest thing is if we do get pregnant again I feel like I wouldn't be able to get excited because I'll be so scared of going through this again... Anyone else tell people early on???
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica.kaye08
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I told a few of my girlfriends, now I wish we hadn't told anyone.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully you can feel less stupid (because you're not) and try to embrace the comfort of having loved ones support.
Abz626
by Abby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Thank you, I guess embarrassed is a better term... And right now I am actually trying to avoid people which may not be the right thing. My mom and my husband have been comforting but when other people try it's difficult to speak to them... I guess with some time this will get easier.
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Having a miscarriage is nothing to be embarassed about. I have had 4 and I told people right away with all 4 of them. I got tired of some people's comments and didn't tell anyone with my last pregnancy until I was 20 weeks but my last miscarriage also was the worst as I found out at 17 weeks that the baby had passed at 13 weeks and it was just heartbreaking. Not saying my others weren't sad, but this one took me over the edge.

Quoting Abz626: Thank you, I guess embarrassed is a better term... And right now I am actually trying to avoid people which may not be the right thing. My mom and my husband have been comforting but when other people try it's difficult to speak to them... I guess with some time this will get easier.

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I did with DD and everything was fine with her. When I got pregnant in February we decided not to tell anyone so early like we did with DD, then I miscarriaged three days after finding out I was pregnant no one knew I was pregnant. I am 13 weeks now and we waited until I was 10 weeks before we told anybody, the worry never goes away I worry everyday that something is going to happen to my little bean. One way I live life right kow is what ever is going to happen is going to happen no matter when you tell people. Sorry for your loss.
pghmommyof5
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Not telling anyone makes it very lonely. Suffering alone is hard.

mylilprincesses
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I am going to be honest. If I didn't tell my family I was pregnant then something happened they would be heart broken. I really don't see anything wrong with telling anyone I am pregnant at any gestational age.
mylilprincesses
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Nothing to be embarrassed about at all. Actually far too common. Very sad

Quoting Abz626: Thank you, I guess embarrassed is a better term... And right now I am actually trying to avoid people which may not be the right thing. My mom and my husband have been comforting but when other people try it's difficult to speak to them... I guess with some time this will get easier.
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM

We used to wait until 6-8 weeks. Then we miscarried. We didn't want our baby to be a secret, so we then announced our pregnancy/miscarriage. Since our miscarriage, we've gotten pregnant twice and both times we have told the world at about 4-4.5 wks. We want people praying for us and supporting us. So we don't announce it as in, "New baby, coming July 2014!", because that's far from guaranteed. We announce it by saying, "We're pregnant! But it's really really early, so please please keep us in your prayers. We've got a long way to go, and are thrilled to add to our family, but we would love to meet this little one here on earth rather than waiting till we get to heaven!" Granted, we are blessed with a supportive family and community, and I know that makes a difference. But we figure that once sperm meets egg, we have another child in our family, and nothing will change that!

gmoen1977
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I told my family three weeks before I lost the baby and two weeks before we told his family.  My mother and sister were very negative on my pregnancy and his mother and sister were bitches.  If I get pregnant again we plan to wait to tell. Want to make sure everything is growing right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)