Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you know that you passed the baby

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and they said everything came out but 2 hours after i got home this big red clump came out of me. I have it saved in a box and now that I look at it im wondering if it is the baby or somehting else? They saw a heart beat on the monitor so wouldnt the clump look like a baby if it was? I guess i'm in denial cause I don't know if what i'm looking at right now is a baby or something else. It's a red clump of something. But if it isn't the baby then where did it go? Everytime i used the bathroom during my miscarriage and felt something come out I took it out to see what it was. This was the only hard thing I saw. I can show a picture if you want but it would be graphic.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm positive you would still see a tiny sack with a developing baby. 

ashybaby87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM
With my last miscarriage I passed a little sack. My first miscarriage u ever had I never noticed. I guess it just depends
karyn9902
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM

as bad of a question this may be. I am just worried that what i have in a box is not a baby and i don't want to bury it thinking it is a baby when it isnt. It looks like red tissue.

EAzizM
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:20 AM
I passed a little sac at 7 weeks. It was clear and I knew it was the baby. I got an ultrasound the day after and my uterus was empty. Not all of them pass intact though. I am sorry for your loss. Hugs.
EAzizM
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Anything that comes out that can be grabbed, place it in the box.

Quoting karyn9902:

as bad of a question this may be. I am just worried that what i have in a box is not a baby and i don't want to bury it thinking it is a baby when it isnt. It looks like red tissue.

marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

As everyone else has said you'll pass clots (the bigger they are depending on how far along you are).  You'll see fleshy tones (granted this is when it happens, the coloring will deteriorate as time passes outside the womb.).  I'll be honest, I knew just because of the pain & the size of the clot.......I couldn't tell by looking at it and I was 13w along.....baby stopped growing at 9w......

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM
One of my losses was at 9 weeks. I had an appt in the morning that confirmed the baby had died but it was still in there. They took some labs, and I was going to come back 4 hours later for a D&C, when the labs came back. During that time the contractions picked way up, and while I sat in the waiting room waiting to go back they were pretty strong, close together and lasting a long time...when they called me back, I stood up and it came out, all at once. The sac was "gelatinous" looking, for lack of better description. It filled one of those specimen cups...and when it was on the pad, kinda flattened out but basically covered it almost front to back. They did another quick ultrasound, and that confirmed my uterus was now empty.

I didn't get a good look at what was in the sac, I was on a lot of meds, though my husband did and said he could see baby curled up inside...but as soon as it came out, I knew that was it, and told the nurse...from the size, I could tell, it was more than a clot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)