Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tmi with a picture if you have an uneasy stomach don't look ...gestationall sac or clot ?!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM
  • 13 Replies

Insted of asking all these questions I thought I would just post a photo. I am worried that this isn't a baby and just a clot and I don't want to bury this thinking it is a baby when it isn't. What's your opinion as to what this is. I was 6 weeks. I tried to investigate further but I don't see anything. Just red tissue.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Looks like a clot to me. At 6 weeks you might not even see the sac, it's much smaller than that.
Mamasita7176
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:54 AM

It could be a sac. It couldbe placental tissue. Is that maybe umbilical cord I see? At bottom right? I do think it's more than clot. I see these every day unfortunately. I'm not a pathologist but work in the lab. So sorry mama. Hugs!!

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM
That looks larger than a clot to me...my guess is, that's likely it, baby is likely within that. I wouldn't even second guess it. I'd go ahead and do your burial, lay your baby to rest Hun. (((Hugs))).
sillymommy08
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I too believe that is the sac with the umbilical cord on the bottom. So sorry for your loss
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM

My thoughts are this- it could be the baby within the clot.

I would suggest putting this in a container (glass or plastic with a lid) and maybe add some water to keep it moist.

Call your dr and let them know that you passed something and see if they will see you. If you can ask for a u/s to be done to see if anything is left inside.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

With my first loss (mc measuring at ~8 wks) I had a gray/purple elongated thing ( 3-4 inches long) with red "tassels" on one end.

karyn9902
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I dent think that's a cord. It just looks that way cause i tried to investigate it. It is about one inch long and is rubbery. I didn't think clots would be this big if it is one. Im so confused.
karyn9902
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM
When the doctor did the ultra sound he said that everything came out but two hours later Im home and use the bathroom and this comes out..
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:20 AM
He said everything came out, your uterus may have been empty...but it may have been in your birth canal at the time.

Quoting karyn9902: When the doctor did the ultra sound he said that everything came out but two hours later Im home and use the bathroom and this comes out..
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Thiis. I believe is your angel and you are safe to bury it. Hugs I'm sorry, hopefully burying baby will bring you some small comfort

Quoting Angela4boys: He said everything came out, your uterus may have been empty...but it may have been in your birth canal at the time.

Quoting karyn9902: When the doctor did the ultra sound he said that everything came out but two hours later Im home and use the bathroom and this comes out..
ambcortez
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM

It's hard to say. Have you called your doctor? I miscarried over a weekend and wasn't able to go to a doctor, but you could bring this with you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)