Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much longer?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:30 AM
  • 13 Replies

It's been almost 36 hours since the blighted ovum miscarriage started. How long will it take? When will I stop bleeding? When will the cramping stop?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

I've never dealt with a blighted ovum m/c, sorry!  My natural m/c took about 24-48 hours from start to finish, in regards to pain.....the bleeding lasted about two weeks and decreased as time passed.......HUGS!

fairydust007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

What's the difference between having the miscarriage and just bleeding? I'm afraid I won't know the diffrence. I hope I don't bled for two weeks. Every single time I see blood, I start crying. I feel like the sooner the bleeding stops the sooner I can process through this.

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM
I have a friend that had blighted ovum, and in her case I think it was like 2 weeks...I'm so sorry :(. I'll ask her in a bit...she's in a different time zone and I don't want to wake her with a text.

Quoting fairydust007:

What's the difference between having the miscarriage and just bleeding? I'm afraid I won't know the diffrence. I hope I don't bled for two weeks. Every single time I see blood, I start crying. I feel like the sooner the bleeding stops the sooner I can process through this.

fairydust007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Thank you. I appreciate it. I know everyone is probably different, but if I at least have one person's experience to go off of it might help.

Quoting Angela4boys: I have a friend that had blighted ovum, and in her case I think it was like 2 weeks...I'm so sorry :(. I'll ask her in a bit...she's in a different time zone and I don't want to wake her with a text.

Quoting fairydust007:

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I understand completely. I'm the same way...I'd rather know the good, the bad and the ugly...the not knowing is the worst. My mind can conjure up way worst, than the worst ;).

How are YOU feeling Hun?

Quoting fairydust007:

Thank you. I appreciate it. I know everyone is probably different, but if I at least have one person's experience to go off of it might help.

Quoting Angela4boys: I have a friend that had blighted ovum, and in her case I think it was like 2 weeks...I'm so sorry :(. I'll ask her in a bit...she's in a different time zone and I don't want to wake her with a text.

Quoting fairydust007:

fairydust007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I'm still struggling. I've never felt so much like a failure. I'm stuggling with the idea of trying again. I can't go through something like this ever again. My s/o keeps asking me if he should go get a vasectomy. I'm in no condition to make that decision in full right now. I'm forcing myself to eat, but sleep doesn't happen much. Every time I go to sleep I've been having bad dreams. Am I the only one who get affected like this?

Quoting Angela4boys: I understand completely. I'm the same way...I'd rather know the good, the bad and the ugly...the not knowing is the worst. My mind can conjure up way worst, than the worst ;).

How are YOU feeling Hun?

Quoting fairydust007:

Quoting fairydust007:

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM
No, you're definitely not the only one...in fact, that's probably more of the norm (((hugs))). I'm so glad you know that you aren't in a good frame of mine to make a decision to do anything permanent, you're awesome to know that! I for one said I could never experience that kind of trauma again....but in a very short time, I knew I didn't want to surrender to loss...I didn't want to be defeated and end on a bad note. You'll be amazed at the glimmer of strength you'll find within the ashes Hun. And in the end....everything we go through, is worth it, when you are holding your baby in your arms.

So, I just talked to my friend....her bleeding was 2-2 1/2 weeks....bummer, I know. But, it will get lighter....more like spotting.

I want you to know, no matter what you feel, no matter how angry, how sad, how crazy you feel, or think you sound....don't hesitate to come here for support. This group is awesome, and so helpful. We're here for ya!

Quoting fairydust007:

I'm still struggling. I've never felt so much like a failure. I'm stuggling with the idea of trying again. I can't go through something like this ever again. My s/o keeps asking me if he should go get a vasectomy. I'm in no condition to make that decision in full right now. I'm forcing myself to eat, but sleep doesn't happen much. Every time I go to sleep I've been having bad dreams. Am I the only one who get affected like this?

Quoting Angela4boys: I understand completely. I'm the same way...I'd rather know the good, the bad and the ugly...the not knowing is the worst. My mind can conjure up way worst, than the worst ;).

How are YOU feeling Hun?

Quoting fairydust007:

Quoting fairydust007:

Abz626
by Abby on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I had a natural miscarraige and bled for almost a month. Took almost a month for my levels to go below 5 also...

Good luck to you! Hopefuly you won't take as long! {{{hugs}}}
fairydust007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Sometimes I guess I just feel "crazy." I don't want to experience another miscarriage, but I know I just don't know if that means I'm done trying for now or forever. I guess time will tell.

I feel like time is just creeping by. What's been almost only 48 hours feels like a week.

This whole site has been great. I actually gave up my Facebook and came here. I was looking for a place with less drama and people I can relate to. I feel like I've found that here. Thank you so much.

Quoting Angela4boys: No, you're definitely not the only one...in fact, that's probably more of the norm (((hugs))). I'm so glad you know that you aren't in a good frame of mine to make a decision to do anything permanent, you're awesome to know that! I for one said I could never experience that kind of trauma again....but in a very short time, I knew I didn't want to surrender to loss...I didn't want to be defeated and end on a bad note. You'll be amazed at the glimmer of strength you'll find within the ashes Hun. And in the end....everything we go through, is worth it, when you are holding your baby in your arms.

So, I just talked to my friend....her bleeding was 2-2 1/2 weeks....bummer, I know. But, it will get lighter....more like spotting.

I want you to know, no matter what you feel, no matter how angry, how sad, how crazy you feel, or think you sound....don't hesitate to come here for support. This group is awesome, and so helpful. We're here for ya!

Quoting fairydust007:

How are YOU feeling Hun?

Quoting fairydust007:

Quoting fairydust007:

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Good, I'm glad you feel safe here. Just work on healing right now, day by day. (((Hugs)))

PS: you're not crazy.
PPS: I am ;). Lol

Quoting fairydust007:

Sometimes I guess I just feel "crazy." I don't want to experience another miscarriage, but I know I just don't know if that means I'm done trying for now or forever. I guess time will tell.

I feel like time is just creeping by. What's been almost only 48 hours feels like a week.

This whole site has been great. I actually gave up my Facebook and came here. I was looking for a place with less drama and people I can relate to. I feel like I've found that here. Thank you so much.

Quoting Angela4boys: No, you're definitely not the only one...in fact, that's probably more of the norm (((hugs))). I'm so glad you know that you aren't in a good frame of mine to make a decision to do anything permanent, you're awesome to know that! I for one said I could never experience that kind of trauma again....but in a very short time, I knew I didn't want to surrender to loss...I didn't want to be defeated and end on a bad note. You'll be amazed at the glimmer of strength you'll find within the ashes Hun. And in the end....everything we go through, is worth it, when you are holding your baby in your arms.

Quoting fairydust007:

How are YOU feeling Hun?

Quoting fairydust007:

Quoting fairydust007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)