Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? January 8

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Struggling emotionally
MrsBoomer
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Missed you guys. The Christmas season had me so crazy busy, I didn't spend much time online at all. I was working on a lot of paintings as gifts. I was able to do quite well during the holiday season. Of course now it is that time of year again where we start seeing an increased number of losses for some reason. I can't explain it but every January/February I see it. We had 3 on our schedule today. I just wanted to reach out and hug each one of them. I got choked up with the last one. I try to remain professional, but sometimes it is really hard. Especially when you know what they are going through. I did find comfort in my daily bible verse on my phone today. I thought I would share it with all of you here.

1 Peter 5:10
And after you have suffered a lite while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM
How did the appt go yesterday?

Quoting echupko: Struggling emotionally
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and were able to give some of your art as gifts, that's great!

I would have a hard time with that too, it's like reliving your own experience over and over. I'm glad you can provide that compassion though (((hugs)))

Quoting MrsBoomer: Missed you guys. The Christmas season had me so crazy busy, I didn't spend much time online at all. I was working on a lot of paintings as gifts. I was able to do quite well during the holiday season. Of course now it is that time of year again where we start seeing an increased number of losses for some reason. I can't explain it but every January/February I see it. We had 3 on our schedule today. I just wanted to reach out and hug each one of them. I got choked up with the last one. I try to remain professional, but sometimes it is really hard. Especially when you know what they are going through. I did find comfort in my daily bible verse on my phone today. I thought I would share it with all of you here.

And after you have suffered a lite while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Amanda goes home tomorrow :(. Boo!
Herlache
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

((hugs)) 

Quoting echupko: Struggling emotionally

Herlache
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Give lots of hugs!!! How is dh doing? Did he go to the dr?

Quoting Angela4boys: Amanda goes home tomorrow :(. Boo!

Herlache
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I made a post on what I have been spending my time on. It felt nice to be doing something for my babies. But looking at some of the pics getting ideas for the sides was very difficult. I made the mistake of just googling Miscarriage pics thinking I would get the ribbons and cute sayings nope I got actual pics of miscarriages that was so sad. On a good note dd is going back to school tomorrow YEAHHHHH!!! And it's her birthday!! 7 already where does the time go!

MrsBoomer
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM
((Hugs)) to you as well. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I feel like this experience has helped me provide more compassion with our patients when they experience a loss. Sometimes it is hard because I can tell they are struggling to get through the appointment without crying but I don't want to just rush out of the room without validating their feelings. I want to let them know I care and the doctor cares. It is hard when some of them have situations so similar to mine and I just want to tell them that I've been there too. Sometimes I do tell them so that they know they are not alone. I just hope I'm still being professional when I do it. I hope they don't think I'm a nut case for getting teary eyed with them.

Quoting Angela4boys: Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and were able to give some of your art as gifts, that's great!

I would have a hard time with that too, it's like reliving your own experience over and over. I'm glad you can provide that compassion though (((hugs)))

Quoting MrsBoomer: Missed you guys. The Christmas season had me so crazy busy, I didn't spend much time online at all. I was working on a lot of paintings as gifts. I was able to do quite well during the holiday season. Of course now it is that time of year again where we start seeing an increased number of losses for some reason. I can't explain it but every January/February I see it. We had 3 on our schedule today. I just wanted to reach out and hug each one of them. I got choked up with the last one. I try to remain professional, but sometimes it is really hard. Especially when you know what they are going through. I did find comfort in my daily bible verse on my phone today. I thought I would share it with all of you here.

kyheavensmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I could really use a good ear! I had my miscarriage today and not handling it well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)