Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rainbow baby

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Any advice? I recently had my first miscarriage and just got the OK from my doctor to start trying again. I want to be as positive as I can be but it still makes me a little nervous knowing I recently had  a m/c. We really want our rainbow baby. Thanks in advance. 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RiotPixie
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't stress. It'll happen when it's meant to happen.
Shaybug24
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I'm right there with you! We had a m/c this past October. We've talked about wanting to go ahead and try again. I'm trying to be as positive as anything myself, I know that if its meant to be it will happen! Take a deep breath and push all the negative out of your mind! Things ALWAYS work out how they're suppose too
moonstonemaama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Quoting Shaybug24: I'm right there with you! We had a m/c this past October. We've talked about wanting to go ahead and try again. I'm trying to be as positive as anything myself, I know that if its meant to be it will happen! Take a deep breath and push all the negative out of your mind! Things ALWAYS work out how they're suppose too

You're totally right. Ugh, I just wish I could stop overthinking! I think I'm going to find some extra hobbies to keep my mind off it :)

Shaybug24
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I've had to do that myself! Baking and working have been my two escapes. I know we will have our sweet baby!! I just have to be patient and keep my faith! We'll get through it! Keep your head up :)

Quoting moonstonemaama:

Quoting Shaybug24: I'm right there with you! We had a m/c this past October. We've talked about wanting to go ahead and try again. I'm trying to be as positive as anything myself, I know that if its meant to be it will happen! Take a deep breath and push all the negative out of your mind! Things ALWAYS work out how they're suppose too

You're totally right. Ugh, I just wish I could stop overthinking! I think I'm going to find some extra hobbies to keep my mind off it :)

marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't obsses about it.  That will only cause tons of stress.  Be carefree about it all, especially the TTC.......We had a hard time when "trying"....took us over two years then we stopped & had two unplanned pregnancies.......unfortunately they both ended in loss for us (our 1st experiences with it).  However, we then had our rainbow.....again not TTCing was actually starting BC.

I just don't think we realize how much of a negative impact stress has on us mentally & physically, especially as women!  We hold things so close and take things so personally, especially pregnancy & miscarriage.  Once you get that BFP, be as positive as possible.  Your mind is going to fill with LOTS of "what if" scenarios and it's going to drive you crazy.  That's just what happens for almost all of us after experiecing a loss.  Take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time and only focus on the positive!  HUGS!!!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally I wouldn't actively try because that can put a lot of stress on your body and make it hard to conceive.  I would just relax and just enjoy making love to your hubby often.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)