Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

relatively gross inquiry - hopefully not alone

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had a m/c a week and a half ago but have been bleeding for almost 2 weeks.  So of course I have been wearing pads the whole time.  The wearing of pads for 2 weeks accompanied with a yeast infection (caused by my antibiotic) have worn the skin and tissue around my vagina completely raw.  I know this is graphic but the skin is literally flaking off from irritaiton.  It's incredibly painful and extremely uncomfortable.  I've been trying to change the pads as often as I can and keep the area as dry as possible but it is still so uncomfortable.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Any suggestions?  I'm afraid to put anything on or around the area (i.e. baby powder or something similar).  Any ideas or suggestions are very much welcome.  Thanks!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Call your doctor Hun, ask them for diflucan or fluconozole. I would also ask for Nystatin / Triamcinolone cream for you to apply. You shouldn't be suffering Hun (((hugs))).
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I feel you.  That has happened to be before.  If your not bleeding too much I would try panty liners.  They are mostly all cotton on top and didn't give me any irritation and felt so much better.

MrsBoomer
by Melissa on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I work in an OBGYN office, so this stuff doesn't gross me out at all.  First, I would recommend calling your doctor so they can call you in something to get you some relief.  The best way to knock it out completely is with both the cream AND the diflucan pill together.  They might want to get cultures on you just to make sure there isn't anything else causing the irritation as well. Group B strep bacterial infections can mimic symptoms of a yeast infection.  It is also a very common vaginal infection for women who have miscarried to get.  So if your yeast symptoms don't seem to improve after a few days of treatment, I would definitely make an appointment with the doc so they can culture you.

There are a few things that might help while you treat the infection.  Due to the fact that yeast causes little paper-cut like cracks down there, using soap tends to burn.  I have found that using some type of "feminine wash" product for sensitive skin feels much better than soap when you are showering.  You can find it by the body wash in almost any store.  Also, this may sounds weird, but I heard one of our doctors tell her patients this and it does work.  You can blow dry it.  Like when you get out of the shower.  You don't want your blow dryer on the maximum setting or anything obviously.  lol  It does work though.  Just put it on a low setting with a low temp and you can blow dry the girl parts.  (If that doesn't weird you out to much).  Also, there is a probiotic called Acidophilus.  It can be found in the pharmacy section of any store.  Using that alone will not cure the infection, but it definitely helps restore the balance.  Especially if you are basically wiping everything out with antibiotics and such.  This will help get everything back in balance.  Certain yogurts with live active cultures will do the same.  I think that's all I've got.  Make sure you call your doctor's office.  They can get you treated and they probably will have other helpful tips as well.  I hope you are able to find some relief soon.

Quoting jmt59520:

I had a m/c a week and a half ago but have been bleeding for almost 2 weeks.  So of course I have been wearing pads the whole time.  The wearing of pads for 2 weeks accompanied with a yeast infection (caused by my antibiotic) have worn the skin and tissue around my vagina completely raw.  I know this is graphic but the skin is literally flaking off from irritaiton.  It's incredibly painful and extremely uncomfortable.  I've been trying to change the pads as often as I can and keep the area as dry as possible but it is still so uncomfortable.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Any suggestions?  I'm afraid to put anything on or around the area (i.e. baby powder or something similar).  Any ideas or suggestions are very much welcome.  Thanks!

210momto4
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM

try a&d diaper cream it has vitamins in it that wont iritate it any more than it already is but it will also heal it

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

When you can, try and dry down there with a hair dryer on the coolest setting (some have the cold air function), after you shower.

I had something crazy where I had lesions and it hurt like a mofo (no it was not an STD, I was not sexually active at that time and I had blood tests done to confirm that I did not have HSV-1 or HSV-2, my 2nd ever gyno was trying to convince me that I had herpes- but I didn't and don't).

I was given some kind of cream to apply and was advised that after washing the area to dry it with a hair dryer and wear loose clothing.

I understand that if you are still bleeding, then trying to go commando (or semi-commando) is not an option until the bleeding stops.

Maybe if you feel comfortable, you could have an old towel or use a rag and lay down on the bed w/o bottoms to allow the area to breath. The rag/towel can catch the discharge and can easily be washed or tossed depending on how you feel.

When going to the bathroom, pat dry vs wipe.

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I agree that seeing your doctor is probably a good next step. Until you can get in, I'll echo what MrsBoomer said and suggest probiotics or a good yogurt, as that always helps with any imbalance or anything I have down there. Also, try sitz baths and pads soaked in witchazel and then refrigerated or frozen. I hope you can find some comfort soon!

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM
You need a prescription cream. In the mean time I would recommend coconut oil. It has antifungal properties in it. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)