Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found a great quote last night

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

I found this great article/post last night while I was up unable to sleep-grr! It's really sweet and pretty much the only male-perspective story of miscarriage I have seen. I really just loved this quote at the end!

"When Mary was a few weeks along while pregnant with Macy, I was right in the middle of releasing a new book. I was so stinking proud; I even announced our pregnancy during a radio interview. I wanted the whole world to know. After we miscarried, I felt so stupid for not keeping my cards closer to my chest. What an idiot I had been. That’s what went through my mind.

It was my mother, actually, who wrote me a short note after the miscarriage that said, “You celebrated the start of a new soul, and you invited the world to celebrate with you. Never apologize for inviting people to see something of wonder and awe and profound beauty.”

I know alot of us ask ourselves why we told everyone "so soon" and if it's not your first loss, you feel like "I knew better than to be excited this time!" etc., etc. Everything about a miscarriage is horrible but having to go back and tell everyone you know what happened- For me, it was just the. worst. 

This quote made me think to myself; We were right to be happy and excited! And it's right to be sad now too. 

Heres the link if want to read the rest of this mans story. Its a bit long but worth the read. The comments are great too!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/02/25/how-a-man-handles-a-miscarriage/comment-page-2/#comments

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angela4boys
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM
That's awesome. Every life deserves a celebration, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing!
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM

It's a nice article. Thank you for sharing. 

mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

Abz626
by Abby on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Thank you so much for sharing! That was exact my first thought, what an idiot I was for telling so many people....
mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Awesome! Tfs
shadow032
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Thanks for sharing. I felt like a complete idiot for telling to soon to
CDW75
by Candi on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Thanks for sharing.
echupko
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Love it
rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Love it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)