Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today? January 28

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM
  • 67 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:27 AM
We have a rare winter storm hitting today. Kids are out of school for a few days. Going to try to get my house back in order from all the company.
Peregrine
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Cold... its -13 right now and dropping. Plus I'm nit feeling very well. A cold is about to strike. Both boys are coughing and my nose is running.
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Brrrrrr...hope you all get well soon

Quoting Peregrine: Cold... its -13 right now and dropping. Plus I'm nit feeling very well. A cold is about to strike. Both boys are coughing and my nose is running.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I've been avoiding this group lately because my anxiety levels have been so high, and reading stories of other people's loss is hard. But I miss this group, so I thought I'd check in :-)
I am 15 weeks pregnant today. I have just 4 more weeks to go until I hit the point that I learned the devestating news in my last pregnancy. The closer I get, the more anxious I become. I did buy a doppler, and that has helped greatly. If I can just get through the month of February, I think I'll be good. At least I hope so.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Us too! Expecting 5-8 inches shortly here...and in our area....that's like 3 ft, and a blizzard ;).

Quoting echupko: We have a rare winter storm hitting today. Kids are out of school for a few days. Going to try to get my house back in order from all the company.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Oh no :(. I hope you all recover quickly!

Quoting Peregrine: Cold... its -13 right now and dropping. Plus I'm nit feeling very well. A cold is about to strike. Both boys are coughing and my nose is running.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I can completely understand! I'm so glad you came back for an update! I love updates...makes me so happy to hear happy news from our rainbow mamas! Are you going to find out gender?!?!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I've been avoiding this group lately because my anxiety levels have been so high, and reading stories of other people's loss is hard. But I miss this group, so I thought I'd check in :-)

I am 15 weeks pregnant today. I have just 4 more weeks to go until I hit the point that I learned the devestating news in my last pregnancy. The closer I get, the more anxious I become. I did buy a doppler, and that has helped greatly. If I can just get through the month of February, I think I'll be good. At least I hope so.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM
All good here...expecting lots of snow, but I'm not going anywhere so I'm fine with that!
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Still overjoyed about reconnecting with my mentor after 3 yrs of no communication. I'm planning to visit her when I stay at my parents when hubby goes out of town for business.

Today I'm having lunch with one of our pastor's wives. She is my "friend" through a church group called "Hands of Hope." She was asked by the group to be my friend after I had attended the "Longest Night" memorial service.

I'm still utterly confused and wished I knew if what is going on is normal. Af was supposed to arrive this past Friday, she "showed" on Saturday, but was extreamly light. Then like a switch, was off all day sunday and most of yesterday, then was back for a few hours and is still off. Not sure if this is normal when I've been on bc for 15 months w/o huge issues (or since my ectopic). I'm used to a heavyish start and then taper off. I do not have any preg tests in stock, and I don't have easy access to get to a store to get one (no car, and walking in freezing weather with my 2 yr old is not an option I want to make). I do not feel that I have any preg symptoms, although the following could be considered symptoms: lower back ache, moody/irratble. I've been moody for a month, and I have blamed the back pain from poor posture. I don't think I'm easily emotional, despite my joyous tears I shed when talking with my mentor. DH always breaths a sigh of relief when AF shows, but I don't share the details with him. I could be stressed from trying to potty train dd, but I don't think that would be an issue. I know that this will need to be something I discuss with my dr at some point, and that I probably should get my hands on some tests.

A part of me doesn't want to test, because if it is positive, then I have to go see my provider right away, and if it is going to be a loss, I don't want to deal with it. But then I want to test to ensure that it is neg, so that I can have the mental stress off my mind and just let it flow.

I have allowed the thought of an elective D&C, because my mom had them (due to endo), and she was schedueled to have one when she found out she was preg with my lil bro- she felt preg and wanted to test. Plus with endo, or for my mom's case, she would bleed and bleed. And I'm stuck and not doing much. *sigh*

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Most definitely I am! I've been feeling girl from the get go, and dreaming that's its a girl several times already. I guess we'll see in a few more weeks :-)

Quoting Angela4boys: I can completely understand! I'm so glad you came back for an update! I love updates...makes me so happy to hear happy news from our rainbow mamas! Are you going to find out gender?!?!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I've been avoiding this group lately because my anxiety levels have been so high, and reading stories of other people's loss is hard. But I miss this group, so I thought I'd check in :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)