Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waiting to miscarry

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
I had an ultrasound last week and yesterday. I should be 8 weeks and 3 days. Baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and 2 days. We are no stranger to miscarriage. But our other two were before 6 weeks. This time there is actually a sac and fetal pole. The Dr said I can miscarry on my own and should pass everything no problem. I'm just wondering how long this will take. I m trying to avoid a d/c.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stcy79
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I m so sorry for your loss.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

chicaespana2003
by Steph on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM

It could be a matter of days or a few weeks. Things to take into consideration are if you are bleeding, and when your dr did the u/s, where the baby was located.

If you are not bleeding, it could take a bit longer. If you are bleeding, then it might be on the shorter end of time.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through another loss.

As long as you have spoken with your dr, and at this time you do not have an odor coming from down below (which could be a sign of infection), you should be able to do this on your own. Some dr's like to put a timeline of when they would like for things to be done before intervention is needed.

Some ladies here have been given medications to help get things going. Others haven't had anything to have it go along.

My first loss was a mc, and baby measured 7w5d, and was located at the cervix within the uterus- I passed naturally the next day. I didn't know I was preg until I took a preg test and had the sono the same day to locate the baby.

.sp4rkl3z.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I went with cytotec, but I was further along. I just couldn't handle the prospect of waiting. Now I'm scheduled for a D&C at noon tomorrow because 2 weeks later there is still tissue leftover. I don't know if things would have gone differently if I had waited. I wouldn't change how I did it now, though. Good luck, and I'm sorry that you lost another baby. Have they not done any blood tests to determine why you are losing babies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I am sorry for your loss.  It could happen within days or it could be another few weeks.  I would guess the earlier the loss the easier the body lets go... but I might be wrong.  With my 9 week loss I started spotting when baby still had a hb, and within 4 days the hb stopped and the baby came out.  Just keep a close eye out for infection-fever, chills, tender tummy, odor with discharge.  Hugs, I am sorry you are going through this.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I'm sorry for your losses. It can vary how long it might take. I hope you won't need a D&C. 

CDW75
by Candi on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I'm so sorry for your losses. Hugs!
Herlache
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I'm sorry for your loss!
Abz626
by Abby on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I had a natural miscarriage and it took almost 4 weeks for the bleeding to stop and for my levels to go back to normal...

So sorry for your losses!!!! {{{hugs}}}
staci1103
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

im sorry

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
((Hugs)) every miscarrys naturally differently
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)