Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the worst thing

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 44 Replies

someone has said to you about losing your angel?

a non-profit organization in memory of my son Jason
who died at a estimated 15-17wks gestation in better hopes
to help other angel mothers who have experienced a loss just as i did.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, the first year for his first birthday I made a cake and SIL wrote DF to tell him I needed therapy because clearly I was in denial that he died. I was SO upset that I didn't speak to her for a LONG time. Our relationship has never been the same.

The worst thing someone said indirectly is that SIDS is survival of the fittest, that it weeds out the weak genes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have another one...whenever someone doesn't say ANYTHING. I think sometimes saying nothing stings worse than saying something stupid. I usually tell people that just saying your sorry works for most poeple. I know I'd rather hear that then just avoiding speaking to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stcy79
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Well its only been 25 days since my loss and i am still avoiding live people so no one has had a chance to say anything real dumb yet besides the "something was probably wrong with the baby and God has a plan" (wish he would of let me in on it)

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM
A lot of times people just don't know what to say then there are some who do say the wrong thing. ((Hugs))

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I have another one...whenever someone doesn't say ANYTHING. I think sometimes saying nothing stings worse than saying something stupid. I usually tell people that just saying your sorry works for most poeple. I know I'd rather hear that then just avoiding speaking to me.
mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Don't we all grieving mothers wish that. ((Hugs))

Quoting stcy79:

Well its only been 25 days since my loss and i am still avoiding live people so no one has had a chance to say anything real dumb yet besides the "something was probably wrong with the baby and God has a plan" (wish he would of let me in on it)

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Nothing really bad.  I just really disliked when a few people asked me why or how I could carry to term knowing Isabelle would die.  Really irked me.

mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Wow, that is really hurtful. I am sorry

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Well, the first year for his first birthday I made a cake and SIL wrote DF to tell him I needed therapy because clearly I was in denial that he died. I was SO upset that I didn't speak to her for a LONG time. Our relationship has never been the same.

The worst thing someone said indirectly is that SIDS is survival of the fittest, that it weeds out the weak genes.
mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM
It frustrates me too when people just ignore you or not talk for awhile because they are "uncomfortable" blah..they should be able to suck it up

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I have another one...whenever someone doesn't say ANYTHING. I think sometimes saying nothing stings worse than saying something stupid. I usually tell people that just saying your sorry works for most poeple. I know I'd rather hear that then just avoiding speaking to me.
mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I still dont get that...so many people say that..i dont understand their logic on how that is comforting

Quoting stcy79:

mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM
That would really bother me too.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Nothing really bad.  I just really disliked when a few people asked me why or how I could carry to term knowing Isabelle would die.  Really irked me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)