Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Thing

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM
  • 20 Replies

You recieved after your loss from a friend or family member? 

a non-profit organization in memory of my son Jason
who died at a estimated 15-17wks gestation in better hopes
to help other angel mothers who have experienced a loss just as i did.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytoaangel
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
A baby book with my twin boys pics in it made by my boys grandma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Gosh...how do I pick one of the many beautiful things I've been given...I would say my most treasured item is the quilt my friend Heather made for me. I met Heather through Cafemom, and at the time I didn't really even KNOW her, but she wrote me a PM and said "I don't know how to help, but I can sew and if you want I could make you a quilt." So I got together Sullivan's clothes and sent them to her and she made the most beautiful quilt out of them. Plus a smaller one for DS1 and made him a stuffed owl out of the scraps. Heather passed away last year unexpectedly right after her daughter was born, and losing her was like losing a sister. We had grown so close over the years, she was one of my best friends. So I treasure my quilt because it has a piece of him and of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Oh wow!

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Gosh...how do I pick one of the many beautiful things I've been given...I would say my most treasured item is the quilt my friend Heather made for me. I met Heather through Cafemom, and at the time I didn't really even KNOW her, but she wrote me a PM and said "I don't know how to help, but I can sew and if you want I could make you a quilt." So I got together Sullivan's clothes and sent them to her and she made the most beautiful quilt out of them. Plus a smaller one for DS1 and made him a stuffed owl out of the scraps. Heather passed away last year unexpectedly right after her daughter was born, and losing her was like losing a sister. We had grown so close over the years, she was one of my best friends. So I treasure my quilt because it has a piece of him and of her.
michelle623
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

meal, flowers and cards

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Just their hugs and condolences were enough.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Aww that was sweet of her.

Quoting Mommytoaangel: A baby book with my twin boys pics in it made by my boys grandma

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Wow that is so awesome of her!  What a great person.  Those are things to treasure for sure.  Oh that is so sad.  Her poor sweet girl she left behind.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Gosh...how do I pick one of the many beautiful things I've been given...I would say my most treasured item is the quilt my friend Heather made for me. I met Heather through Cafemom, and at the time I didn't really even KNOW her, but she wrote me a PM and said "I don't know how to help, but I can sew and if you want I could make you a quilt." So I got together Sullivan's clothes and sent them to her and she made the most beautiful quilt out of them. Plus a smaller one for DS1 and made him a stuffed owl out of the scraps. Heather passed away last year unexpectedly right after her daughter was born, and losing her was like losing a sister. We had grown so close over the years, she was one of my best friends. So I treasure my quilt because it has a piece of him and of her.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Meals are so nice of people.  I recieved some as well and it was so great to not have to worry about making something to eat when my mind was too meddled to think.

Quoting michelle623:

meal, flowers and cards

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I got the chills reading that! Like scalp tingling chills...so sweet. Her poor little girl, missing out on such an amazing woman.

.sp4rkl3z.
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
She has 4 kids...married to her middle school sweetheart. We were pregnant together twice. Her oldest girl is 5 days older than my oldest, and then her third born after is a day older than my second born (my son who died). We were on the same page about almost everything...had so much in common. She used to send me little things she made out of leftover scraps from my quilt whenever I was struggling. She made a Christmas ornament out of the hoodie pockets of one of my favorite outfits, and another time she sent a little coin purse made out of elephant fabric with a heart made out of another outfit of his sewn on the front. I also have a ton of diapers of hers (she had a CD business). The world lost a very special person when she died. It was a blood clot probably related to her pregnancy/birth :'(

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I got the chills reading that! Like scalp tingling chills...so sweet. Her poor little girl, missing out on such an amazing woman.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)