Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM
  • 25 Replies

...really badly.  Tomorrow will only mark 3 weeks since my natural miscarriage.  I miss the feeling of being pregnant.  I miss knowing that life was growing inside of me. I'm scared to try again and the thought of going through it again just scares me.  I'm also scared to take a pregnancy test, only to see a negative line.   Am I weird for thinking this way?  I feel like I can't talk to anyone else about this so I decided to post it here...I go back to get another blood test tomorrow to see if my hCG levels went down to 0.  2 weeks ago, it was at 4.  I would've been 10 weeks this week.  It's late here...I could just be talking bubbles...

simple frown

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are all very normal feelings! You were wanting to grow your family, and it's completely natural to want to continue down that path. There are also lots of ladies that have a hard time seeing a negative test.

Let us know how your appointment goes.
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

After a loss, some of us want a baby so badly that we want to be pregnant again right away.

Everything that you are feeling is normal. Everything changes once you've had a loss, and you can't be sure that you will have another loss. Some women will have their first loss and then have successful subsequent pregnancies with no issues. Other women may have several losses and have to wait until after their 3rd loss before dr's will do any sort of testing.

If you experience a second loss, or you have a "normal" dr appt (or even when you have your follow up if you get to see the dr), perhaps you might want to ask them what steps you should take if you find out about the next pregnancy. Some dr's may be willing to do blood tests right away to check to see if your progesterone levels are high enough. Other dr's might not be so willing- so you need to be on the same playing field as your dr. Write down questions, ask them, and record them down. Then if one of your questions actually happen (pregnant), follow though based on what your dr said, and if you have to, tell the nurse or receptionist who answers the phone call, tell them that dr so-and-so said that you need to be seen.

Sorry I'm rambling- I've been in a situation where I have to be careful about subsequent pregnancies, and I needed to know what I should do if I find myself pregnant.

Generally, once you are below 5, that is a clinical negative pregnancy result. I've seen in searches I did yesterday that some dr's require that you keep going back until you have a 0 which I don't get- but that is all on the dr's.

wwemom84
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have been 20 weeks this week, your not weird for thinking that was.Its scary. I lost my son a 16 weeks and had to deliver him. Keep your head high and you wil get your rainbow.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* Your not weird.  It is normal to want to be pregnant again and it is okay to want to try ASAP.  And it is hard to see a negative.  I know before I really started trying for my rainbow I had moments I was terrified I was pregnant again and didn't want to be yet, then I would see the negative and feel so sad that I wasn't pregnant.  You just have all these emotions going through you.

d_dee
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I really was...it just sucks. I just feel like I might be rushing it to fill the void. Before I found out I was pregnant, I wasn't worried about conceiving nor were we ttc. now its like im always thinking about wanting to be pregnant...

Quoting Angela4boys: Those are all very normal feelings! You were wanting to grow your family, and it's completely natural to want to continue down that path. There are also lots of ladies that have a hard time seeing a negative test.

d_dee
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and yes, I will give an update on how it goes tomorrow.

Quoting d_dee: I really was...it just sucks. I just feel like I might be rushing it to fill the void. Before I found out I was pregnant, I wasn't worried about conceiving nor were we ttc. now its like im always thinking about wanting to be pregnant...

Quoting Angela4boys: Those are all very normal feelings! You were wanting to grow your family, and it's completely natural to want to continue down that path. There are also lots of ladies that have a hard time seeing a negative test.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

All of the feelings you are having are totally normal hun ((hugs))

d_dee
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I bought a few PT and am just holding onto it. I'm scared to even take the test at all. I was even thinking of buying the ovulation kits, but put it back many times...

I definitely will ask more questions this time. I'm more alert now. When I was pregnant with my daughter (9 years old now), I didn't worry about anything or think things can go wrong. i found out i was pregnant when i was 12 werks. Maybe because I was only 17 and never thought about those things. Now, I'm going to be more proactive.

Yeah, not sure why. It's like a slap in my face to just see it get lower and lower.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

After a loss, some of us want a baby so badly that we want to be pregnant again right away.

Everything that you are feeling is normal. Everything changes once you've had a loss, and you can't be sure that you will have another loss. Some women will have their first loss and then have successful subsequent pregnancies with no issues. Other women may have several losses and have to wait until after their 3rd loss before dr's will do any sort of testing.

If you experience a second loss, or you have a "normal" dr appt (or even when you have your follow up if you get to see the dr), perhaps you might want to ask them what steps you should take if you find out about the next pregnancy. Some dr's may be willing to do blood tests right away to check to see if your progesterone levels are high enough. Other dr's might not be so willing- so you need to be on the same playing field as your dr. Write down questions, ask them, and record them down. Then if one of your questions actually happen (pregnant), follow though based on what your dr said, and if you have to, tell the nurse or receptionist who answers the phone call, tell them that dr so-and-so said that you need to be seen.

Sorry I'm rambling- I've been in a situation where I have to be careful about subsequent pregnancies, and I needed to know what I should do if I find myself pregnant.

Generally, once you are below 5, that is a clinical negative pregnancy result. I've seen in searches I did yesterday that some dr's require that you keep going back until you have a 0 which I don't get- but that is all on the dr's.

AngelBabyTavesh
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It's very normal I know how you feel. I was five months pregnant when I lost him. The hardest is seeing other pregnant women. My hubby wants to wait until next year because we recently got married last June and when I got pregnant in October it was very much a surprise.  You have to be emotionally ready to try again. Let ur body heal and when it's ready it will happen. My biggest fear is not getting a boy again, that's all I wanted when I was pregnant and it did turn out to be a boy. 

d_dee
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was beginning to think I was giving myself false hope on wanting to be pregnant so quickly. Thank you...keep your head up too. I hope we all get our rainbows! :)

Quoting wwemom84:

I would have been 20 weeks this week, your not weird for thinking that was.Its scary. I lost my son a 16 weeks and had to deliver him. Keep your head high and you wil get your rainbow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)