Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

how long after m/c or loss...

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 25 Replies
How long after your miscarriage or loss did you wait to dtd again? If you got pregnant after how long did it take you to get pregnant again?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM
We waited until the bleeding stopped before attempting sex. I don't remember after my first loss, but I know I went on bc and didn't get pregnant for a few years. My second loss was just about 10 days. I got pregnant 5 months after that loss. My third loss, I bled for 6 1/2 weeks afterwards. I got pregnant right away - never had a period after that loss.
Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

As soon as I stopped bleeding we tried. We only had one day to try that cycle since DH had to go back into the field and bam, it happened. DS2 is now 6.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Like the other ladies, we started having sex again as soon as the bleeding stopped. We started trying right away and got pregnant 3 weeks after I miscarried, so a week after I stopped bleeding. He'll be two next month. :)

CountryMom2014
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
We started having sex again after bleeding stopped. However, we used condoms. Still not ttc. I'm still traumatized from my loss I can't handle being pregnant again right now. So I'm on bc and we're going to start trying in the fall.
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM

1 week later we started to bd again. And its been 3 months and not pregnant yet. But trying! :) good luck!

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

We started dtd after the bleeding stopped but we used protection until after I had 1 normal period. 

EarthSidemother
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I misscarry in February 28th then 10 days after got pregnant and JUST had a early chemical pregnancy loss.

I read all this crap about ttc right after and now I wish I would have waited for my first period.. the heart break was to much.
Audrey2013
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
How did you know it was a chemical

Quoting EarthSidemother: I misscarry in February 28th then 10 days after got pregnant and JUST had a early chemical pregnancy loss.

I read all this crap about ttc right after and now I wish I would have waited for my first period.. the heart break was to much.
stcy79
by Stacey on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:05 PM
My loss was in Jan. This is my first cycle since then and we are ttc now, ill find out in a few days if it worked this round.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM

We waited until after the bleeding stopped and I went back on birth control after my loss because I knew I didn't want to get pregnant again right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)