Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

doctor gave me the combination birth control but...

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
Cant start it until you havr your period!? Is what I'm reading. How can I naturally boost my period?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chicaespana2003
by Steph on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Generally that is how one should start taking the pill (at the start of your next cycle), however, if your dr says its okay, and you are mentally okay with having a potentially longer cycle, you could start it now.

When I had to stop taking mine due to an unplanned pregnancy, I had started a new pack and used 3 or 4 days. Then once the pregnancy was over (ectopic), and I had my next cycle (and I had to wait for that- dr orders), I resumed on my partial pack.

I don't know when you last had your cycle, but if you want to start taking it, and then take the inactive pills after a week or two, that might get your body to have a cycle, but I understand that you might not want to do that.

I suggest talking to your dr, and ask them if you should start the pack now (and have a long cycle) or wait until your next cycle. If they give you the okay to start the pack and have an extra long cycle, then you can do that.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to be fully aware of what you wish to do.

EarthSidemother
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Ill waite it out my cycle is already 33/35 days.
Ill look up ways to naturally induce my period.

Quoting chicaespana2003:

Generally that is how one should start taking the pill (at the start of your next cycle), however, if your dr says its okay, and you are mentally okay with having a potentially longer cycle, you could start it now.

When I had to stop taking mine due to an unplanned pregnancy, I had started a new pack and used 3 or 4 days. Then once the pregnancy was over (ectopic), and I had my next cycle (and I had to wait for that- dr orders), I resumed on my partial pack.

I don't know when you last had your cycle, but if you want to start taking it, and then take the inactive pills after a week or two, that might get your body to have a cycle, but I understand that you might not want to do that.

I suggest talking to your dr, and ask them if you should start the pack now (and have a long cycle) or wait until your next cycle. If they give you the okay to start the pack and have an extra long cycle, then you can do that.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to be fully aware of what you wish to do.

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM

ive read something about apple cider vinegar with periods and ttc. GL hun!

stcy79
by Stacey on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I thought u where ttc and looking into some kinda sperm storage for when ur dh is gone?

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

EarthSidemother
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I am ttc. I have ovarian cysts and need to regulate my cycle on this pill first.

Hubbys not open to the idea of the storage :(

Quoting stcy79: I thought u where ttc and looking into some kinda sperm storage for when ur dh is gone?
stcy79
by Stacey on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear that but maybe you'll be regular and ready by the time his work is over and get ur bfp right away!

Quoting EarthSidemother: I am ttc. I have ovarian cysts and need to regulate my cycle on this pill first. Hubbys not open to the idea of the storage :(
Quoting stcy79: I thought u where ttc and looking into some kinda sperm storage for when ur dh is gone?

EarthSidemother
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Well....if leriod comes this week or next ill catch a ovulation cycle before his work when he gos out again......so weighing my options. ...start the pull or try again

Quoting stcy79:

I'm sorry to hear that but maybe you'll be regular and ready by the time his work is over and get ur bfp right away!

Quoting EarthSidemother: I am ttc. I have ovarian cysts and need to regulate my cycle on this pill first.

stcy79
by Stacey on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM

yep thats  a biggie, if it where me I would probably try one more time other wise i would wonder if I missed my chance.

Quoting EarthSidemother: Well....if leriod comes this week or next ill catch a ovulation cycle before his work when he gos out again......so weighing my options. ...start the pull or try again
Quoting stcy79:

Quoting EarthSidemother: I am ttc. I have ovarian cysts and need to regulate my cycle on this pill first. Hubbys not open to the idea of the storage :(

EarthSidemother
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I know right!?
Thing is I'm hopping my period will come.
Or Ill have to find a way to naturally boost it.
But before this pregnancy I was a 33 day cycle so on the first of next month. Then he comes home on the 9th for a week. So Ill have to boost ovulation with soy cause I dont have Clomid yet. With soy I ovulate on CD 9/10. Again if my period starts. I should have asked for the Birth control that would at lest start my period.

Quoting stcy79:

yep thats  a biggie, if it where me I would probably try one more time other wise i would wonder if I missed my chance.

Quoting EarthSidemother: Well....if leriod comes this week or next ill catch a ovulation cycle before his work when he gos out again......so weighing my options. ...start the pull or try again

Quoting stcy79:

Quoting EarthSidemother: I am ttc. I have ovarian cysts and need to regulate my cycle on this pill first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)