Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very big update **pregnancy mentioned**

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

go I haven't been here in awhile but I do try update every now and then to give others some hope.

I had 3 miscarriages last year and then I finally became pregnant with my rainbow baby. I did find out what was causing the miscarriages. I had two
Fibroids acting like a birth control and I had a blood clottting disorder. I took baby aspirin in my first trimester and was able to carry.
I had a difficult pregnancy fighting preterm but I am happy to announce that I am 35 weeks and will be delivering my first son tomorrow. I already have two daughters.
My water broke yesterday but I already had the steroid shots and he is over 5 pounds so the doctors are pretty confident he will be born healthy with minimum medical intervention.

But it is also going to be a bitter sweet day for me tomorrow. Tomorrow exactly a year ago I lost the baby that me and my husband tried for and so desperately wanted. I cried and grieved for that baby and still do. I remember like it was yesterday and my heart still hurts. That baby was the reason I even joined this group, and now they are telling me I am going to have my rainbow baby the exact same day I lost the baby I wanted more then anything.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy beyond words to be having my first son, the baby I tried 8 months for, the rainbow baby I fought to keep.
I am just having mixed emotions about that day because it took a life from me and gave me a life.
I can't explain it. While I will be holding my precious son tomorrow that we named julious, there was a baby I never got to hold or name and that breaks my heart.

Here is a 3d sonogram of baby julious and I will be posting pics of him when I have him tomorrow.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peregrine
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:06 PM
6 moms liked this
Some things go full circle. Please don't look at the date as the day you lost your first, try to look at it as that baby telling you than that he/she loves you and gives you a new life to love.
Herlache
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww he's cute can't wait for pics!
MissMiranda
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the first comment. Look at it as a way of further preserving the memory of your first loss. 
Congratulations :) 

CDW75
by Candi on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!! I LOVE happy stories :) Prayers for a safe, easy delivery.
mylilprincesses
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
m0m0f06
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! You look beautiful and happy. Can't wait to see little Julious.
Congratulations mama and daddy.
uriahadel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Thank you:-)

Quoting m0m0f06: Yay! You look beautiful and happy. Can't wait to see little Julious.
Congratulations mama and daddy.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so great!  Congrats on your son!  I hope the delivery goes smoothly tomorrow and your son is born nice and healthy!  It will be truly bittersweet to have your rainbow on the day you lost your LO.  But know that your LO knows how much you love them and miss them and wants you to be happy and enjoy their younger brother too :)

uriahadel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Thank you:-)

Quoting blessedmommie07:

That is so great!  Congrats on your son!  I hope the delivery goes smoothly tomorrow and your son is born nice and healthy!  It will be truly bittersweet to have your rainbow on the day you lost your LO.  But know that your LO knows how much you love them and miss them and wants you to be happy and enjoy their younger brother too :)

Irene1923
by Tina on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Good luck! Hope everything goes wonderful tomorrow and can't wait to see pictures.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)