Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hanging in there I guess

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, as I said in another post a couple weeks ago, I got my positive pregnancy test that I wanted and I am struggling to feel anything but anxiety about the probable impending doom of another loss. I thought about some of the comments that were made and I have thought up milestones. I've just reached the number of weeks I was when I lost my second and I'm very symptomatic so that that must mean all is currently well. What's strange though, is that I'm not quite far enough along to really feel like I should be as sick as I am. I'm hardly beyond the 6 week mark and I feel soooooooo sick. I feel almost lucid, like I'm borderline dizzy with nausea all the time. It's terrible! But what's really piquing my interest is that it's so early to be feeling this sick. I don't really know what to make of it currently. Is it really a good thing? Is it a sign for something else? My fiance suggested the possibility of it being twins which only freaked me out more and I started reading statistics that made me feel even more like this pregnancy will be lost to me if it did wind up being twins. ahhhhhhhh...I also realized the other day that I will reach my next milestone, as far along as I was when I lost my first, at the same time that I will be faced with the due date for that pregnancy (I hope that made sense). It's like a double whammy. It just feels like it's going to be a rough week, even though it's more than a month away. I haven't called the obstetrician yet either. I just don't want to tell anyone or do anything or acknowledge anything. It feels like I'll be jinxing it. I feel like a giant ball of negativity.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Peregrine
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the exact same way. The next time I get a bfp I swear- nay I VOW I won't tell another person until I see my ob... at 8 weeks. I just don't want to deal with other people's emotions again.

As for you, stop googling, and start believing thst every single day you stay pregnant is a day closer to a rainbow.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Hugs! Pregnancy after loss is hard! I know the feeling all too well. I'm currently just shy of 24 weeks pregnant, after 2 consecutive losses. Even as I feel the kicks and rolls, I have moments of doubt and fear.

My best advice is take each day as a blessing. Someone in this group gave me great advice. They said that worrying about might happen isn't going to stop a mc from happening, and it's not going to make it hurt any less if it does happen. But, it will keep you from enjoying being pregnant and from bonding with your baby.

As for the sickness, that can be pretty bad for people as early as a positive pregnancy test. Being so sick doesn't mean anything but that you should talk with your doctor about relief :-) I know it's scary, and the fear of the unknown is always ready to jump out in front of you. But try to relax and be happy about what's happening. It's a good thing! Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy!
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM

The first trimester can be rough with a lot of worry.  Every pregnancy can vary so much in symptoms.  I was super sick (morning sickness) with my first.  Can't remember when it started but it was early and lasted until about 7 1/2 months along.  I would puke 8-10 times a day.  And with medicine from the doc went to 4-6 times a day.  But I've never been sick like that with my other 3 pregnancies. 

Having sickness and tons of symptoms early and intense could be a sign of twins but not always.  I'm glad your looking up to milestones.  I know that really helped me.  *hugs* Keep hanging in there. But you do need a doctor sweetie.  So start looking for one because your getting close to when they want to see you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)