Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your loss bring out any mental disorders?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

I had 12 years of infertility before I was able to conceive dd and ds.  They are 18mo apart.  I lost my mom while pg with dd and lost my mil while pg with ds.  I got ppd when i had him.  My dad got remarried shortly after my mom passed, I had my miscarriage, my fil had major surgery where we weren't sure if he would pull through or not.  Turned out that surgery was successful and is home now, doing great.  He also just got recently engaged, only after dating her for 2 weeks (they met at church).  All of this happened within a 4 year span. I fell into a deep depression in January and started on meds and seeing a therapist.  Just recently got diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.  I think the miscarriage was the "straw that broke the camel's back".  Dh and bff both agree that I haven't been the same since the miscarriage back in August.  So frustrating!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
echupko
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:54 AM
I've had lots of anxiety since my loss. Hugs to you
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I've dealt with extreme anxiety before my loss while I was pregnant with him, but it got way worse when he died. I'm medicating for it right now and have yet to see a change, although it hasn't quite been a month yet so it's still early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom2014
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Mine triggered an anxiety disorder. BPD is pretty serious. I would get a second opinion. I hope you feel better soon. ((Hugs))
CountryMom2014
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I got bad anxiety too. What did they put you on? My doctor just gave me Xanax but I don't feel like it's helping.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I've dealt with extreme anxiety before my loss while I was pregnant with him, but it got way worse when he died. I'm medicating for it right now and have yet to see a change, although it hasn't quite been a month yet so it's still early.
thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I guess I could say I was lucky in the sense that I was already in therapy during the time of my loss, however I started going due to a traumatic event and was diagnosed with a bunch of different things that were already there....ADHD, anxiety, and depression, that were never diagnosed earlier, then on top of that PTSD I was told people with these conditions that go "untreated" tend to have less coping skills and end up having a very hard time bouncing back from traumatic events...after my miscarriage I was seeing my therapist more frequently and it definetly helped a LOT! I was able to stay off meds to TTC again.

tnunley
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM

The diagnoses is pretty solid.  I have almost all the symptoms, including self harming.  We have spent several sessions discussing it.  Plus my family Dr also agrees and we are trying meds to help me with my depression and anxiety.

Quoting CountryMom2014: Mine triggered an anxiety disorder. BPD is pretty serious. I would get a second opinion. I hope you feel better soon. ((Hugs))

CountryMom2014
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Read the book 'I Hate You, Don't Leave Me'. It's a great book on BPD. Also 'Sometimes I Act Crazy' is another good one.

Quoting tnunley:

The diagnoses is pretty solid.  I have almost all the symptoms, including self harming.  We have spent several sessions discussing it.  Plus my family Dr also agrees and we are trying needs to help me with my depression and anxiety.

Quoting CountryMom2014: Mine triggered an anxiety disorder. BPD is pretty serious. I would get a second opinion. I hope you feel better soon. ((Hugs))

Herlache
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I've suffered with anxiety and depression all my life but it got way worse since my miscarriages! If it weren't for having to bring dd to school I wouldn't leave the house!
EarthSidemother
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I have bipolar and high anxiety my loss defiantly made it worse I'm on meditation
tnunley
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Funny you mentionrd that book!  My therapis reccomended that book and Stop Walking on Eggshells. Just got them today!

Quoting CountryMom2014: Read the book 'I Hate You, Don't Leave Me'. It's a great book on BPD. Also 'Sometimes I Act Crazy' is another good one.
Quoting tnunley:

The diagnoses is pretty solid.  I have almost all the symptoms, including self harming.  We have spent several sessions discussing it.  Plus my family Dr also agrees and we are trying needs to help me with my depression and anxiety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)