Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Could it be a positive ovulation test? plz give me some advice

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
So today I decided maybe trying to be intimate with the hubby but before we did I decided to take sure I wasn't ovulating we aren't ready to start trying I just lost my twins a little over a week ago. So I take the test and I mean it is a very very dark positive I'm very shocked for a whole year I NEVER ovulated. ... hmm could their be any other reason its positive ... I dont wanna ask anyone else I know due to judgements . Can someone plz help me .
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a very hard time ovulating on my own, so I take metformin for my PCOS and that fixes it for me, though it usually takes a while for my cycles to normalize. I was taking metformin while I was pregnant, and then just continued taking it when we found out we were miscarrying. I was shocked to find that I was ovulating 3 weeks after my miscarriage began (1 wk after bleeding stopped). All that to say, even if you have a history of anovulation, the crazy hormones of a miscarriage can kick your body into high gear and you can ovulate soon after. That said, sometimes women report that OPKs can act as HPTs and if you have enough hcg in your system still then it could turn an OPK positive. I tried this a week or two ago (I'm 6 months pg) and while I got a very dark positive HPT, the OPK was not positive. So, I'm not sure how accurate that theory is, but it *might* be an explanation for your positive OPK. Do you do any temperature charting? That's the most reliable way to verify whether or not ovulation occured.

akrogers13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I've read that ovulation tests aren't very accurate after a mc because your hormones are still wonky but any thing is possible lol.. sorry I'm not much help
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
this! I have no personal experience but have heard this as well.

Quoting akrogers13: I've read that ovulation tests aren't very accurate after a mc because your hormones are still wonky but any thing is possible lol.. sorry I'm not much help
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM
If you just lost your babies recently, your ovulation test isn't accurate. It will be positive as long as a pregnancy test would be positive. Ovulation tests will pick up hcg.
Kristin2angels
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Thanks everyone I did buy an hcg test and its positive still im sure it will be longer as well because of twins
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure but it could be because your hormones might still be going down.  And don't worry about those judgey people!  If they have never experienced this kind of loss then they have no idea how they would feel or what they would do!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a loss at 16 weeks...and I never tested to see when a hpt would go negative. But after that I lost a baby at 9 weeks, and that took more than three weeks to get my first negative test...so it van take a while. (((Hugs)))

Quoting Kristin2angels: Thanks everyone I did buy an hcg test and its positive still im sure it will be longer as well because of twins
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN