Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

ttc

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Last week we got the "ok" to try again which is great news. I thought I was ready but this past weekend was the perfect time to try but I found myself coming up with excuses and picking stupid agruments with DH was we wouldnt have sex. Anyone else do this or have I just lost my mind.
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mylilprincesses
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM
((Hugs)) if you don't feel ready don't pressure yourself. Tccing takes a lot of patience. Good luck! :)
akrogers13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM
You may think you are ready but when it comes down to actually ttc you may need a little more time! Hang in there and good luck!

Btw, I'm the one who is always pouncing on dh for sex.. lol Sry I'm not much help there.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's okay to be nervous and scared.  I went back and forth for 3 months trying to figure if I was ready or not to ttc again.  It is a whole new set of emotions ttc again.  Don't be afraid to take a little time if you need it. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I did this after my third loss! I said we were trying to conceive...but the reality was, I was tracking my fertile window, then avoiding him! I was also relieved when I'd get my period. I came to the conclusion I was not ready...it's been a year and a month and I'm still not ready.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I don't have any advice hun because after my loss I pretty much knew I wouldn't be ready to start trying again for awhile.  But to me it seems like you might need to give yourself some more time.

Heathersb33
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM
I was the same way after my loss last August. I found lots of excuses and seemed to always get sick during my fertile window. I was told to focus on that beautiful baby that I want to hold in my arms and not my fear of loss. I was also told to start taking yoga classes to help me relax, which I would like to do. Be patient with yourself and when you are really to ttc you will.
Herlache
by Jessie on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I did the same thing! I knew what week to avoid dh. Eventually I was ready but not right away. You'll know when it's right for you.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Aww honey it's ok. I think there are different levels of "ready" and you are just taking it slow. I have seen a lot of women do this. You will know when you are really ready, until then you can just practice saying "I'm ready to TTC" and when saying it isn't scary any more then you can practice baby making for fun.
m0m0f06
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Physically you are probably just fine ttc-ing again. Emotionally? It sounds like more time is needed.
And sometimes it may just need to be taking a breath and letting your DH comfort you.
It's kind of like porcupines having sex... Ever thought of how THAT happens? The male porcupine has to calm the female somehow or he'll find himself in a really painful predicament.
So he caresses her face until her quills relax...
Sometimes our men have to do that with us. Sometimes we need to just let them caress our face (in a sense) for a while.
And sometimes it does take a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN