Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support
I don't want to start a religious debate but I have given a lot of thought to prayer and God's will. On Gemma's page people say they are praying for a miracle. I truly believe in miracles but I also believe God made my daughter this way for a reason. So why would He fix what He "broke". I believe occasionally He does preform miracles to show us God is good and powerful but in most situations I believe He makes special babies for a special reason. So I save most of my prayers for what I consider practical things, I pray she is comfortable and knows our love and I pray she can nurse til the end of her beautiful life.

I also feel the same about my losses. God gave me angels for a reason. I may question Him but I'm not angry.

What is your take on God and miracles and how that plays into loss?
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I have received a few comments about "fighting the disease" and I tell people we aren't fighting it. And people get upset that I am giving up on her. I will not fight when the end is the same. I would rather a short full beautiful life than a life of surgeries, hospital stays, nurses and machines. Her life will go on as normal as possible, she will just be my (newborn) baby forever. But... I'm gonna snap one day on these people

Quoting blessedmommie07:

That is exactly how I felt with Isabelle. I wasn't angry at God at all. And I did upset people when they told me they would pray for a miracle after  Isabelle's diagnosis and I told them no, don't. I too thought she was given to me for a reason and she was perfect with her Anencephaly. All I prayed for was time because I just knew she was only needed in our life fore a brief moment. 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

No one can truly understand unless they go through it like you and me. And even then our way of thinking can be hard for some. I too just wanted to enjoy the time we had. And you have every right too. Your time with her is short so why not do as much as you can to make beautiful happy memories with Gemma that will help you when you miss her most. 

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I have received a few comments about "fighting the disease" and I tell people we aren't fighting it. And people get upset that I am giving up on her. I will not fight when the end is the same. I would rather a short full beautiful life than a life of surgeries, hospital stays, nurses and machines. Her life will go on as normal as possible, she will just be my (newborn) baby forever. But... I'm gonna snap one day on these people
Quoting blessedmommie07:

That is exactly how I felt with Isabelle. I wasn't angry at God at all. And I did upset people when they told me they would pray for a miracle after  Isabelle's diagnosis and I told them no, don't. I too thought she was given to me for a reason and she was perfect with her Anencephaly. All I prayed for was time because I just knew she was only needed in our life fore a brief moment. 

EarthSidemother
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I believe in fact truth and scinece not god. But I can understand the way your feeling 100% I once use to believe in religion until I went over to the dark side lol science. I blame myself
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel like you do. After my loss, I prayed more than I ever had in my life. I am not mad at God, and I believe that God grieves with us. I don't understand Gods plan, but I don't need to either, I just need to trust in it. I really believe that with every experience, we are to do something with it....it's an opportunity.

The Bible says that children are heritage of The Lord...his heritage. They, and we are his heritage, we are special to him.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I really love this poem, it's called, The Plan of The Master Weaver. I'm not even a poetry person, but I've loved it since I was a little girl.
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM
I think it's great that you can recognize that and know that God brought her to you for a special reason. I also think God has a reason for my losses. Maybe I wasn't ready, or maybe he knew if I didn't have them then I wouldnt have the precous baby I have now.
I hunk you are so strong that you can go through this and not blame him. I don't know that I could be that strong. *hugs*

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I don't want to start a religious debate but I have given a lot of thought to prayer and God's will. On Gemma's page people say they are praying for a miracle. I truly believe in miracles but I also believe God made my daughter this way for a reason. So why would He fix what He "broke". I believe occasionally He does preform miracles to show us God is good and powerful but in most situations I believe He makes special babies for a special reason. So I save most of my prayers for what I consider practical things, I pray she is comfortable and knows our love and I pray she can nurse til the end of her beautiful life.

I also feel the same about my losses. God gave me angels for a reason. I may question Him but I'm not angry.

What is your take on God and miracles and how that plays into loss?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM

To be honest I am not very religious at all but I do feel like everything happens for a reason even if we don't understand that reason at the time.

lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
This was me too. I wasn't angry, I'm still not. I don't know why this was allowed to happen, but I believe that 1) there was a reason - if for nothing else but to draw me closer to him; and 2) his heart was breaking to see mine breaking.

Quoting Angela4boys: I feel like you do. After my loss, I prayed more than I ever had in my life. I am not mad at God, and I believe that God grieves with us. I don't understand Gods plan, but I don't need to either, I just need to trust in it. I really believe that with every experience, we are to do something with it....it's an opportunity.

The Bible says that children are heritage of The Lord...his heritage. They, and we are his heritage, we are special to him.
stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I no longer know where God is. Im not on his radar. I went to church every Sunday, I was 1 of Gods biggest supporters. When I got my pos preg test, I thanked him everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the full term healthy baby I was having!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it my fault for believing in the wrong thing at the wrong time??? I do know I used to go to church and read the Bible everyday, I no longer do either.I pray every now and then and ask my Pastor for  the same but it seems God no longer cares about me.............................................

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

tiffluv81
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Gods love is for all his people. Sometimes we get so caught up in our wants in the world that we neglect him. We forget that he is first and man is last. We pray and say god help this help that, but we need to take time and THANK HIM for allowing us to go through it,grow through it , and walk through it. He gives us what we need to be complete in the end. Things may seem as though he turned his back or left you alone but he is still there. He is carrying you through the trials. I have suffered 6 mc's no living child age 32 but I have not cursed but i question him. Just as Jesus question him.

I know it will take time to rebuild that relationship with GOD but dont trhow the towel in just stayed in prayer and keep faith

Quoting stcy79:

I no longer know where God is. Im not on his radar. I went to church every Sunday, I was 1 of Gods biggest supporters. When I got my pos preg test, I thanked him everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the full term healthy baby I was having!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it my fault for believing in the wrong thing at the wrong time??? I do know I used to go to church and read the Bible everyday, I no longer do either.I pray every now and then and ask my Pastor for  the same but it seems God no longer cares about me.............................................

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN