• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adhesions after d&c

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone have any lasting complications after their D&C? Ugh, I feel so panicked that I have scar tissue in my uterus and that's why my periods are so weird. I just expected a lot heavier flow considering I used Crinone for a week, and when I googled it some, my flow could be lighter this time and the last 3 due to scarring! I am so weepy today and I'm crying thinking I might end up being infertile from these miscarriages and infection...ugh!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akrogers13
by Alli on May. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I'm so sorry! I never had to have a d&c with either mc, tho I feel like they were caused by an imbalance of hormones and I feel like that will never be in check.. I had two completely normal pregnancies and then I just had two mc.. it's a very confusing time! Are u able to call your dr and get some advice? I know when I hear the medical point it often times puts me at ease..

I do know tho that after imc your cycles can go all psycho.. I've heard of women having a super light paid the first time and then a nasty heavy period the second time... vise versa.. I'm still waiting to ovulate (if it will happen at all) I'm only 2 weeks past the second mc.. never had a period in between the first and second mc..
.sp4rkl3z.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
My OB is...untrustworthy. And there's really nowhere else I can go. So I haven't asked about it.

You sound like me, I didn't have a period between my first and second m/c either. I only needed a D&C when I had chunks of tissue leftover after the second one so it should have been an easy procedure. I just felt at the time like everyone felt I shouldn't have any more kids. Even my nurse at the outpatient surgery said I shouldn't have anymore. So I always felt like paranoid that everyone was out to make sure I can't. Idk :(

Quoting akrogers13: I'm so sorry! I never had to have a d&c with either mc, tho I feel like they were caused by an imbalance of hormones and I feel like that will never be in check.. I had two completely normal pregnancies and then I just had two mc.. it's a very confusing time! Are u able to call your dr and get some advice? I know when I hear the medical point it often times puts me at ease..

I do know tho that after imc your cycles can go all psycho.. I've heard of women having a super light paid the first time and then a nasty heavy period the second time... vise versa.. I'm still waiting to ovulate (if it will happen at all) I'm only 2 weeks past the second mc.. never had a period in between the first and second mc..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on May. 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I got an infection after my d&c then didn't get AF for 3 months. Only got it 3 1/2 months later after provera! I was bloated, retaining water and felt horrible. Then I just had a chemical pregnancy cause I didn't have enough cycles in between trying and my d&c so my uterus is too thin and scarred. :/ I have terrible luck'
akrogers13
by Alli on May. 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Dang that's horrible to have people say that to you.. I don't think people should ever say you should or shouldn't have anymore kids (unless you are a child abuser of any kind obviously).. I felt like my midwife just didn't even care! It's a group of them and the one that called me just told me my level of hcg had dropped and I should expect bleeding any day.. asked if I had someone home with me since I'd stated crying (add if I were going to kill myself?) And then I never heard back from them.. I called to ask what my progesterone was and they never even tested for it..

Anyways.. how many kids do u have?

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: My OB is...untrustworthy. And there's really nowhere else I can go. So I haven't asked about it.

You sound like me, I didn't have a period between my first and second m/c either. I only needed a D&C when I had chunks of tissue leftover after the second one so it should have been an easy procedure. I just felt at the time like everyone felt I shouldn't have any more kids. Even my nurse at the outpatient surgery said I shouldn't have anymore. So I always felt like paranoid that everyone was out to make sure I can't. Idk :(

Quoting akrogers13: I'm so sorry! I never had to have a d&c with either mc, tho I feel like they were caused by an imbalance of hormones and I feel like that will never be in check.. I had two completely normal pregnancies and then I just had two mc.. it's a very confusing time! Are u able to call your dr and get some advice? I know when I hear the medical point it often times puts me at ease..

.sp4rkl3z.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
The nurse stated that due to my history of pre-e with my 3 term births that I should stop having kids and think about my living kids first... ;(

It's shocking to hear that from a midwife...you think they're supposed to be more compassionate. What is wrong with people?!? It's not like we are the first women to lose babies.

I have 2 living children, 3 were term births, my middle son died in his sleep at 8 weeks old and I had a chemical on Halloween, preg 2 weeks later, baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and "born" Jan 21 when I was 11 weeks. How about you??
Quoting akrogers13: Dang that's horrible to have people say that to you.. I don't think people should ever say you should or shouldn't have anymore kids (unless you are a child abuser of any kind obviously).. I felt like my midwife just didn't even care! It's a group of them and the one that called me just told me my level of hcg had dropped and I should expect bleeding any day.. asked if I had someone home with me since I'd stated crying (add if I were going to kill myself?) And then I never heard back from them.. I called to ask what my progesterone was and they never even tested for it..

Anyways.. how many kids do u have?
Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: My OB is...untrustworthy. And there's really nowhere else I can go. So I haven't asked about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Alli on May. 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Dang I wish you were able to get another dr! That sounds awful. You've had 3 term pregnancies, there shouldn't be a reason you can't have anothoer! so sorry for your losses!

I have 2 kids, both completely healthy pregnancies for the most part, both born at term. I conceived this year the night of the super bowl (Go SEAHAWKS LOL) I started spotting at about 7 weeks, went in for au/s baby was only measuring at 5 weeks and then lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks. I got pregnant 2 weeks later and found out on dh's birthday.. blood draws 4/14 and 4/16 showed doubling levels, spotting on 4/17 went in for another hcg on 4/18 showed levels dropped a point... list that pregnancy on Easter two weeks ago.. im still numb from the first one so the second one hasn't hit me yet still... I feel like I'm frozen in time while everyone else's lives keep going.. it sucks!

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: The nurse stated that due to my history of pre-e with my 3 term births that I should stop having kids and think about my living kids first... ;( It's shocking to hear that from a midwife...you think they're supposed to be more compassionate. What is wrong with people?!? It's not like we are the first women to lose babies. I have 2 living children, 3 were term births, my middle son died in his sleep at 8 weeks old and I had a chemical on Halloween, preg 2 weeks later, baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and "born" Jan 21 when I was 11 weeks. How about you??
Quoting akrogers13: Dang that's horrible to have people say that to you.. I don't think people should ever say you should or shouldn't have anymore kids (unless you are a child abuser of any kind obviously).. I felt like my midwife just didn't even care! It's a group of them and the one that called me just told me my level of hcg had dropped and I should expect bleeding any day.. asked if I had someone home with me since I'd stated crying (add if I were going to kill myself?) And then I never heard back from them.. I called to ask what my progesterone was and they never even tested for it.. Anyways.. how many kids do u have?
Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: My OB is...untrustworthy. And there's really nowhere else I can go. So I haven't asked about it. You sound like me, I didn't have a period between my first and second m/c either. I only needed a D&C when I had chunks of tissue leftover after the second one so it should have been an easy procedure. I just felt at the time like everyone felt I shouldn't have any more kids. Even my nurse at the outpatient surgery said I shouldn't have anymore. So I always felt like paranoid that everyone was out to make sure I can't. Idk :(
Quoting akrogers13: I'm so sorry! I never had to have a d&c with either mc, tho I feel like they were caused by an imbalance of hormones and I feel like that will never be in check.. I had two completely normal pregnancies and then I just had two mc.. it's a very confusing time! Are u able to call your dr and get some advice? I know when I hear the medical point it often times puts me at ease.. I do know tho that after imc your cycles can go all psycho.. I've heard of women having a super light paid the first time and then a nasty heavy period the second time... vise versa.. I'm still waiting to ovulate (if it will happen at all) I'm only 2 weeks past the second mc.. never had a period in between the first and second mc..
.sp4rkl3z.
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Oh I totally understand that feeling of time being frozen and you're just watching the world turn and everyone moving on...so awful. I still feel that way sometimes.
Quoting akrogers13: Dang I wish you were able to get another dr! That sounds awful. You've had 3 term pregnancies, there shouldn't be a reason you can't have anothoer! so sorry for your losses!

I have 2 kids, both completely healthy pregnancies for the most part, both born at term. I conceived this year the night of the super bowl (Go SEAHAWKS LOL) I started spotting at about 7 weeks, went in for au/s baby was only measuring at 5 weeks and then lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks. I got pregnant 2 weeks later and found out on dh's birthday.. blood draws 4/14 and 4/16 showed doubling levels, spotting on 4/17 went in for another hcg on 4/18 showed levels dropped a point... list that pregnancy on Easter two weeks ago.. im still numb from the first one so the second one hasn't hit me yet still... I feel like I'm frozen in time while everyone else's lives keep going.. it sucks!

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: The nurse stated that due to my history of pre-e with my 3 term births that I should stop having kids and think about my living kids first... ;( It's shocking to hear that from a midwife...you think they're supposed to be more compassionate. What is wrong with people?!? It's not like we are the first women to lose babies. I have 2 living children, 3 were term births, my middle son died in his sleep at 8 weeks old and I had a chemical on Halloween, preg 2 weeks later, baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and "born" Jan 21 when I was 11 weeks. How about you??
Quoting akrogers13: Dang that's horrible to have people say that to you.. I don't think people should ever say you should or shouldn't have anymore kids (unless you are a child abuser of any kind obviously).. I felt like my midwife just didn't even care! It's a group of them and the one that called me just told me my level of hcg had dropped and I should expect bleeding any day.. asked if I had someone home with me since I'd stated crying (add if I were going to kill myself?) And then I never heard back from them.. I called to ask what my progesterone was and they never even tested for it.. Anyways.. how many kids do u have?
Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: My OB is...untrustworthy. And there's really nowhere else I can go. So I haven't asked about it. You sound like me, I didn't have a period between my first and second m/c either. I only needed a D&C when I had chunks of tissue leftover after the second one so it should have been an easy procedure. I just felt at the time like everyone felt I shouldn't have any more kids. Even my nurse at the outpatient surgery said I shouldn't have anymore. So I always felt like paranoid that everyone was out to make sure I can't. Idk :(
Quoting akrogers13: I'm so sorry! I never had to have a d&c with either mc, tho I feel like they were caused by an imbalance of hormones and I feel like that will never be in check.. I had two completely normal pregnancies and then I just had two mc.. it's a very confusing time! Are u able to call your dr and get some advice? I know when I hear the medical point it often times puts me at ease.. I do know tho that after imc your cycles can go all psycho.. I've heard of women having a super light paid the first time and then a nasty heavy period the second time... vise versa.. I'm still waiting to ovulate (if it will happen at all) I'm only 2 weeks past the second mc.. never had a period in between the first and second mc..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on May. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Have you talked to your doctor about it? *hugs*

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Oh my gosh that is horrible to say to someone. I really feel like people who are so insensitive like that just should not work in the medical field.  

.sp4rkl3z.
by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Quoting blessedmommie07:

Have you talked to your doctor about it? *hugs*

I haven't. I don't trust the one who did the D&C and I had a bad feeling the whole time. I had never seen him before (this is a huge practice) and I wish I had saught out someone else...I guess the only thing I can do is make an appt and ask for someone else...I wonder if my ins will cover any of the testing for it :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)