Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanting a reminder of baby....

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
  • 22 Replies

I can't believe it but it's been nearly 2 years since my loss.  I've always wanted to have some kind of reminder of my baby, a necklace is what usually comes to mind.  For some dumb reason I've been 'wishing' my husband would do this gesture for me and get me something.  But I know he can't read my mind and it's been 2 years so obviously he won't be doing it lol.  It's like....I have my 4 other children here with me....but I consider my lost baby girl one of my children and I want to have her 'with me' also.  I need to just go ahead and get something, shouldn't I?  I don't know why I haven't yet.  I wished SO much DH would do it, I don't know why I want him to do it so badly!  Anyway, not expecting it from him nor am I upset, the loss didn't affect him NEARLY as much as it did me.  I don't have tons of money to spend...any necklaces yall have seen online that would be nice for this?  

Or any other rememberances you've done?  It doesn't have to be a necklace, I just want a way to keep her with me.  (non-tatoo:)

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stcy79
by Stacey on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM

You might want to try ebay and type in pregnancy loss jewelry. There's quite a bit on there and very affordable, you can find lots with free shipping too.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

Stephanie116
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I was thinking of a tattoo, but then I found on etsy I can get my baby boys footprints on a necklace so I think I'm going to order that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Alli on May. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
http://www.etsy.com/search?view_type=gallery&search_submit=&q=+memory+necklace&order=most_relevant&ship_to=U

Some of these can be personalized!! I love etsy! I have an obsession with hand made things lol..

akrogers13
by Alli on May. 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM
I should add that I'm in search of the perfect wind chimes right now. And I'm making a sign for our garden that says "leave room in the garden for the angels to dance".. the wind chimes are so that we can hear them dancing :-)
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
So stealing that quote!!!!! I got chills and a huge smile reading it

Quoting akrogers13: I should add that I'm in search of the perfect wind chimes right now. And I'm making a sign for our garden that says "leave room in the garden for the angels to dance".. the wind chimes are so that we can hear them dancing :-)
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I think a necklace would be nice. Maybe for Mother's Day tell DH you want a necklace with "this" birthstone. The. You kinda get the best of both, you get a reminder that you need and dh picked it out even if he doesn't exactly know why.
.sp4rkl3z.
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Look up The Midnight Orange on FB or Etsy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stcy79
by Stacey on May. 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Will u post a pic when u finish? I'd like to see it:)

Quoting akrogers13: I should add that I'm in search of the perfect wind chimes right now. And I'm making a sign for our garden that says "leave room in the garden for the angels to dance".. the wind chimes are so that we can hear them dancing :-)

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

peachyisthelife
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM

The jewelry out there online is pretty, but I'm a very basic gal and I don't want something terribly obvious, the reminder is for me only.  I was thinking about it last night and I think what I really want is a very thin ring band that has a small pink stone, preferably imbedded in the ring.  Pink b/c my baby's a girl and I lost her in June, which has the pink birthstone.  That way I can wear it as a ring or wear it on a chain if I decide to.  I don't really know how to go about getting something that specific when I don't have the money to have something specially made, any ideas?

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM

This is one I want for all my kids...I'll just have five silver hearts evenly spaced instead of the one. Each heart will have the first initial of each of my kids on it (4 living, 1 in heaven). http://www.etsy.com/listing/85233008/dainty-monogram-bracelet-sterling-silver

I also like the bird nest necklaces that are silver wire wrapped to form the nest and then the little pearls inside to represent the eggs/babies. A friend of mine was wearing one yesterday with 4 pearls - 2 for her babies in heaven and 2 for her living kids. And those you could probably make yourself with some supplies from the craft store!

At some point I want a really really nice ring for my kids, but I don't know yet what I want it to look like. I've always gravitated toward stacking eternity bands with their birth stones somehow incorporated, and that way I could split the 'ring' up and give them each their own rings when I die, because I'm just big on family heirlooms like that. But I also like the really intricate ring designs with lots of little diamonds, and then I might replace a few of the little diamonds with birth stones or something. I don't know. Like I said, still deciding! But it'll be expensive anyway, so I've got some time to think about it/save up for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)