Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I'm not suppose to celebrate mothers day??

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 14 Replies

I've always celebrated mothers day for myself privately ever since my miscarriage since I am no longer with my baby's father and no one ever really bothered to say anything even after finding out about it. With this pregnancy I am looking forward to celebrating my angel baby and his little brother or sister. I know my mom and my sister will include me in their celebrations but last night I over heard my mother in law tell my bf that I wasnt suppose to celebrate mothers day since the baby isnt born yet. He told her he wanted to do something and she was like "why? shes not a mom yet". I don't know if I am over reacting or its the crazy hormones but I really felt put down. I feel that you're a mommy the momment you conceive and my mother in law is just crazy. What do you ladies think? Has this ever been an issue for any of you? 

by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow your mil is a witch! You are a mother to an angel and the baby growing inside of you! You have every right to celebrate Mother's Day! Just do your thing and tell her to shove it!

Angela4boys
by Angela on May. 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup! I agree with Desiree. Sometimes MILs forget their place. She should really just shut her trap. Of course this is just my opinion :)

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Wow your mil is a witch! You are a mother to an angel and the baby growing inside of you! You have every right to celebrate Mother's Day! Just do your thing and tell her to shove it!

FutureCooper118
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. You are a mother the second you conceive and you are the only one who knows what that love feels like. Sadly you also are all to aware of what that loss feels like too! A loss is a loss at any age and that doesn't make you any less of a mother. I do things privately too since I'm not with my angel babies dad.. I plan on getting myself a flower. I was actually pregnant one mothers day before my loss and celebrated. I never understood why people would disagree with this. Congrats on your rainbow!!

EAzizM
by Erica on May. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't put a second thought into mils comment. Your bf wants to do something for you, THAT is what counts...not what his mother thinks about it.
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Your MIL is just crazy. IMO, mothers *and* fathers are made the moment a baby is conceived. I celebrated my first Mother's Day when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with my first.

akrogers13
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You were a mother the moment you became pregnant with your Angel!! Some people who have never felt this kind of loss just don't understand... unfortunately they make stupid comments! I'm so sorry you are out in that situation, but I just want to tell you

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! You are going to be such an amazing mom to your rainbow and you will always have your Angel watching over you and your family!
LadyHawk_13
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It luckily wasn't an issue for me even when I found out I was pregnant with my 7 year old. You are a mother from the moment you find out that your pregnant. No matter if you carry to term or not it should be the mothers choice no one elses.
chicago1
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

That she is. My bf wanted us to spend all sunday with her. I told him I'd give her half a day. That more than she deserves from me.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

chicago1
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I like how you think ;)

Quoting Angela4boys: Yup! I agree with Desiree. Sometimes MILs forget their place. She should really just shut her trap. Of course this is just my opinion :)
Quoting blessedmommie07:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Good for you!

Quoting chicago1:

That she is. My bf wanted us to spend all sunday with her. I told him I'd give her half a day. That more than she deserves from me.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)