Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Fairly minor, but still annoying....

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

All of the Father's Day posts on Facebook. Friends are posting pictures of their husbands and babies who are 4-11 months old and saying, "Happy First Father's Day to my amazing husband!". The first few I just kinda brushed off, but now that there's been about ten of them I really want to say something about it really being their *second* father's day! Ladies, your husbands were fathers last year even though their babies were still tucked away inside of you! Maybe it's something that only moms of babies in Heaven would understand, as we've been reminded of the fact that parenthood starts at the very beginning, but who knows. Okay. Anyway. Done with my little rant for the day. ;) 

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Couldn't agree more. Hubby got a ton of Father's Day wishes and kept saying "I'm not a father" I told him he was making me sad saying it cause he is a father. Even if our babies in heaven!
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Agree!!!!!!

I can't see the posts today b/c it's my first without my father. I got on for a few seconds this morning and decided today was a good day to STAY OFF!

Hugs
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Good for those that acknowledged him!

Quoting Dannimarie418: Couldn't agree more. Hubby got a ton of Father's Day wishes and kept saying "I'm not a father" I told him he was making me sad saying it cause he is a father. Even if our babies in heaven!
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I totally agree!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so lucky that my FB app updated...and now won't open ;)
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I knew you ladies would understand. :)

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Awww, hugs to you. That's another reason I wanted to make this year special for my husband, though it is really the second fathers day without his dad. I think he spent the last month of his dad's life playing phone tag trying to wish him a happy father's day/happy birthday (he died July 15th 2 years ago). *And* I'm being induced next week on his dad's birthday, so I imagine he's having a lot of bittersweet moments this month. Anyway, special hugs for you today, Elizabeth, and I hope you have lots of good memories to carry you through!

Quoting echupko: Agree!!!!!! I can't see the posts today b/c it's my first without my father. I got on for a few seconds this morning and decided today was a good day to STAY OFF! Hugs

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Thanks.

And next week?!?!? Can't wait to see pics!

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

Awww, hugs to you. That's another reason I wanted to make this year special for my husband, though it is really the second fathers day without his dad. I think he spent the last month of his dad's life playing phone tag trying to wish him a happy father's day/happy birthday (he died July 15th 2 years ago). *And* I'm being induced next week on his dad's birthday, so I imagine he's having a lot of bittersweet moments this month. Anyway, special hugs for you today, Elizabeth, and I hope you have lots of good memories to carry you through!

Quoting echupko: Agree!!!!!!

I can't see the posts today b/c it's my first without my father. I got on for a few seconds this morning and decided today was a good day to STAY OFF!

Hugs

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom's side of the family celebrate Mother's and Father's day when the baby is still inside.  And baby also gets a present for Christmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)