Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Natural miscarriage.

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
Last year my miscarriage required a d&c. My body return to normal fairly quickly. My cycle was back within 2 weeks. Now I've had a natural miscarriage. I at the beginning of four weeks. I am driving myself crazy when I will get my period again or if I will. I did not wait for intercourse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM
On average it can take 4 to 8 weeks to get your first period after miscarriage. *hugs*
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Yup! 4-6 is average, but within 8 is still normal range. After that, contact your doctor. Some people need something to jump start things.

Quoting blessedmommie07: On average it can take 4 to 8 weeks to get your first period after miscarriage. *hugs*
dfournier0922
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I'm afraid that since I didn't wait a cycle before having intercourse that I wouldn't know if I got pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJJRJMom
by Heather on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I have had four d & c 's (my fourth was on June 5th so it was less than 2 weeks ago), but after each of my last 3, I got my period back at around 4 weeks.  I have heard that it depends on when you stop bleeding.  I always bleed for about 7-10 days, so maybe it has to do with that.  I am sorry for you losses.  It's a terrible thing to go through.

akrogers13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Test once a week till you see a negative test result.. once u get a negative then you'll know that a positive is a new pregnancy. If you are not wanting to get pregnant right away you can use condoms until you are ready

Quoting dfournier0922: I'm afraid that since I didn't wait a cycle before having intercourse that I wouldn't know if I got pregnant again.
AJJRJMom
by Heather on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:39 AM

So I just looked back at the calendar and realized that after my first miscarriage, I did not get a period before I got pregnant.  I had a d & c on April 17, 2009 and got a positive pregnancy test on May 22nd.  Then I went in for an ultrasound on June 15th and I was around 7 or 8 weeks along with a healhty baby who is now 4.  So if you are at 4 weeks post miscarriage, there is a possibility of being pregnant again.  I would take a test and see.  Sure, it's possible for left over hormones to be present from your miscarriage, but I'm wondering how likely that is.  Did you get your hcg levels tested each week after your miscarriage?  I have never done that but I see that a lot of women have.  Hopefully you are going to have your rainbow baby soon!

dfournier0922
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I had blood tests down the zero. So I know I would have a negative test without a new pregnancy. But I'm also terrified of knowing. I know it's seems strange. I somehow think if I don't know early it work be as bad if it ends and I never knew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJJRJMom
by Heather on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM

It's not strange at all.  I have certainly had that same feeling.  With this last pregnancy I kept waiting and waiting to take a test because I was beyond terrified and I knew the emotions would come flooding back, that terror of losing yet another one.  It's sad that we have lost that innocence of getting a positive test and knowing the outcome will be a baby.  However, that being said, every pregnancy is different (I know it sounds so cliche, but true) and I know many women, myself included, that have had consecutive miscarriages and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies.  Keep us updated--you will get support here!

AJJRJMom
by Heather on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Any updates?

dfournier0922
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:05 PM
She came with a vengeance last night. I'm currently dying at work. And stupid me didn't have a bad stock in my purse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)