Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Miscarried at 15 weeks

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am trying to deal with the loss of my baby-it's hard.  I found out on the 10th there was no heartbeat and I chose to be induced at the hospital.  I went into the hospital Saturday morning, was discharged Sunday evening and on Monday our little angel was laid to rest.  It's a long story and it's nearly killed me.  I'm glad to see this group here.  I need the therapy.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM
So sorry for your loss.
AminahA
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Thank you so much.

Quoting kayleesmom42328: So sorry for your loss.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM

((hugs)) I am so sorry hun.  This group is amazing and I hope that we are able to help you through the grieving process.

AminahA
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM

The whole experience has been confusing and traumatic.  First off, I am 41 and have two children at home who are my world.  My husband and I had always planned for a 3rd but I had been very ill with chronic allergies for the last 4 years.  The allergy had been misdiagnosed and it lead to me being hospitalized numerous times when it turns out all I needed was a 10 milligram steroid for the allergy.  After that, my health did suffer- I got older and have gained weight.  I was afraid to even think of getting pregnant and was quite honestly on the fence.  I had this bad feeling I could not shake about getting pregnant and could not tell if it were intuition or just fear.  My husband talked me into it and low and behold in mid March I tested positive on a pregnancy test.  I was sent to a high risk OBGYN who scared the crap out of me.  Because of so many health issues with my allergies and all the subsequent time spent in the hospital I was sick of dealing with Doctors, body issues and just not feeling 100%.  My feelings about the pregnancy at times were mixed.  I was just weary.  But, I still ate right, got moderate activity, plenty of rest,etc.  I switched that doctor and was having by all accounts a health pregnancy when I had my 2nd ultra sound on the 10th of June.  I had been feeling the baby move for about a week or so and then maybe two days before the ultra sound I noticed the movements seemed to stop.  There at the ultra sound they informed me there was no heartbeat.  I was shocked and yet somehow felt my worst fears realized.  The doctor who looked at the ultra sound informed me that she thought it looked like there may be some abnormalities and part of me breathed a sigh of relief that it was all happening early on.  I was given the option to go in for the surgery and after some reflection I chose to deliver the baby so that it could have a burial.  However, when the baby was delivered it was revealed that there were no abnormalities.  He had gotten his leg caught in the umbilical cord and it had cut off all oxygen.  It was also shown that it must have happened very recently as the baby had good coloring and he was just a very active little boy.  My husband and sons took pictures with the baby, held him and I was wheeled into the surgery room under twilight medicine.  I had a spinal tap and they cleaned my uterus.  It nearly killed me.  Leaving the hospital I just felt almost like I was leaving him there.  Yesterday he was laid to rest and I'm just devastated.  At my age I wont be trying for another and I want to be alive for my children.  I don't think I could physically handle another miscarriage.  I can't fathom how this could happen.  I saw him and he was already so beautiful.  I can't help but think that he is my 3rd son and that he belongs here with his brothers.  That feeling torments me the most.

AminahA
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Thank you.  It's comforting.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) I am so sorry hun.  This group is amazing and I hope that we are able to help you through the grieving process.

Wantstobeamum22
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:00 AM
I'm so sorry for ur loss, no one should have to go through this *hugs*
Stephanie116
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I too, had a loss at 15 weeks. Baby was perfectly healthy. My body went into labor and I became very sick so I had to deliver him. It ia definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to experience. The hardest is not knowing why. It does get easier as time goes on. I made a shadow box of my baby's pictures to hang in my room, we have an ornament of his feet to hang on the Christmas tree every year, and we go out to the cemetery several times a year to visit him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a baby is a pain like no other pain. I had my first loss 2 years ago on June 9th, at 16 weeks. This group has been the thing that has helped me the most. (((Hugs))) we are here for you.
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! But this group is a great place to be for comfort and any advice you need. It's great to have someone to relate to. They helped me through my loss and December and another one in April. And I'm trying again and they are still here supporting me! Hugs your way!
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my little boy at 19 weeks last August. Like you, everything seemed to be going just fine, and then it wasn't. It was by u/s that I discovered he had no heartbeat. This group has been amazing in helping me through my grief. Know that we are to help, however we can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)