Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How are you today? June 19

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Creekie.
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Trying to be happy for a friend of mine.  She has two children, her 2nd is just 3 months younger than my DD.  My son was stillborn in September and she decided to tell me the next week that she was going to start TTC soon.  Yeah, that's nice - I don't give a shit and please just don't talk to me about it.  I ended up getting pregnant in February and miscarried around 10 weeks so life has been shitty.  I've even told her that sometimes I just can't stand hearing about others pregnancies sometimes.  It hurts.  Anyways, she calls me up yesterday to tell me that she's pregnant.  Of course I did the Congratulations and I'm so happy for you.  But fuck me, I wish she hadn't taken time out to call and tell me.  

I wish I could just be happy for others but it doesn't change the fact that I am just sad for myself.  I'd never say anything to anyone else, that would take away some of their happiness - but I would love to tell them to please fuck off and leave me alone. .... with a smile of course!

MuddyHuggies
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Today is a very happy day for my son and I. After fighting for four years my son has his IEP back!! My sweet boy will finally get the help he needs for reading and writing. As a mom with a special needs child, it makes the day wonderful. I actually cried because their is finally a plan of action. It's a sweet moment. I hope everyone else is having a good day. If your not, smile because someone loves you.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Not too bad today :-)
My kids slept until 8 this morning, allowing me to sleep in and get up when I was ready. Even though I slept in, I was still able to enjoy a quiet house for a bit too. Now it's just a lazy day around the house.
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Hugs! It's so hard to be happy for others when your still grieving your losses. I think people who've never had a loss are clueless to the feelings of those who have.

Quoting Creekie.:

Trying to be happy for a friend of mine.  She has two children, her 2nd is just 3 months younger than my DD.  My son was stillborn in September and she decided to tell me the next week that she was going to start TTC soon.  Yeah, that's nice - I don't give a shit and please just don't talk to me about it.  I ended up getting pregnant in February and miscarried around 10 weeks so life has been shitty.  I've even told her that sometimes I just can't stand hearing about others pregnancies sometimes.  It hurts.  Anyways, she calls me up yesterday to tell me that she's pregnant.  Of course I did the Congratulations and I'm so happy for you.  But fuck me, I wish she hadn't taken time out to call and tell me.  

I wish I could just be happy for others but it doesn't change the fact that I am just sad for myself.  I'd never say anything to anyone else, that would take away some of their happiness - but I would love to tell them to please fuck off and leave me alone. .... with a smile of course!

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
My son made all stars so my life just weft from busy to busier...
Mcali4moi
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Hi. New to this group. I am SO SORRY for your losses and can relate. Sorry also that your friend seems so insensitive!
I am always happy for others joy so I understand your statement about not wanting to take hers away...but really she could be more sensitive to your needs! I had a similar person who I thought was a friend...after she asked my hubbie if we were prepared for our next loss?? Do you have other friends?
By the way I took all my mourning courage and let her know her questions and lack of belief in our ability to carry to term (I supported her through fertility and she has 3 healthy children but wanted a 4th and I support her then also). She just denied any wrong doing blaming her pragmatic mind given our history of losses! Please take GOOD care of yourself...I am trying.
Hugs from afar!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN