Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Mini panic attack **Updated**

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 12 Replies
I usually can feel baby move actively after dinner. Tonight though, he remained silent. So after a little while, I decided to break out my Doppler, just for peace of mind. You would think the heartbeat would be easy to find at 36 weeks, but not tonight. I searched high, I searched low, I searched on the left where he usually is and nothing. I finally went over to the far right, and there he was. It felt like an eternity looking for it and was near tears at the thought of another possible loss.

He's still not very active, and I'm trying to remain calm. I never thought pregnancy could be so hard, mentally and emotionally. I can't wait to hold him in my arms. Seriously, until then, I'm going to worry. Less than a month to go....I can do this. Right?

UPDATE: shortly after posting this, he decided to come out and play. He stayed active for a long time, and ended the night with hiccups. My 3 year old woke up at 2 this morning, and as I was putting him back to bed, baby boy decided it was time to play some more. He was almost painfully active then lol. He's been moving non stop since.

I feel stupid sometimes when I hit that panic mode. Logically, I know things are likely ok, but that doesn't stop those feelings from coming. I was never this stressed with my other pregnancies. I used to think once I got to the second trimester, all was ok. I wish I still believed that.

I am so grateful for this group, and how you all let me be crazy without judgement :-)
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM
*hugs* Christian was a stinker for me in the last month. He would barely move for days and others he wouldn't stop. Have you done the kick counts?
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do this. He's probably running out of room...maybe just call the doctor, see if they can squeeze you in for some reassurance? Maybe they can give you a NST and check the fluid levels.
awalter01
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Goo in and get an nst. Drink a LOT of water and keep an eye on him. He's probably ok but make him prove it.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Haha. I think I wrote this same post. At 36 weeks why is the hb so hard to find? He's fine mama. But I would go in and get checked because.... For me and my BFF a less active baby meant the little brat had flipped breech! Just lovely, right? Dang kids we fight so hard to get them and keep them an you think they would be grateful and behave like little dolls, but NOOOOOOOO they play "let's scare mommy, it's so fun!"
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I have done kick counts. He had a day last week where I didn't feel him much, but I was able to find him on the doppler easily and drinking something sugary got him moving. Last night I didn't have anything to eat or drink to get him going though. Not too long after I posted this, he started his normal acrobats, finishing with hiccups for a while. He just likes scaring me I guess.

Quoting blessedmommie07: *hugs* Christian was a stinker for me in the last month. He would barely move for days and others he wouldn't stop. Have you done the kick counts?
lovebugs_mom906
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Exactly! He likes to wait until I'm in full panic mode and then he's like "tricked you! here I am!"
He was breech up until 33 weeks, and a day last week he had flipped himself the wrong way again, but corrected himself. I keep thinking he's got to be running out of room in there, but he manages to find a way. He should keep me plenty busy from the moment he learns to get around in the real world lol.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: Haha. I think I wrote this same post. At 36 weeks why is the hb so hard to find? He's fine mama. But I would go in and get checked because.... For me and my BFF a less active baby meant the little brat had flipped breech! Just lovely, right? Dang kids we fight so hard to get them and keep them an you think they would be grateful and behave like little dolls, but NOOOOOOOO they play "let's scare mommy, it's so fun!"
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Glad he was finally moving for you!  Christian loved to scare me too.  Those stinkers :)

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I have done kick counts. He had a day last week where I didn't feel him much, but I was able to find him on the doppler easily and drinking something sugary got him moving. Last night I didn't have anything to eat or drink to get him going though. Not too long after I posted this, he started his normal acrobats, finishing with hiccups for a while. He just likes scaring me I guess.
Quoting blessedmommie07: *hugs* Christian was a stinker for me in the last month. He would barely move for days and others he wouldn't stop. Have you done the kick counts?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Oh good! It's so reassuring when they are active! I'm glad he's been kind to ya, not keeping you guessing.
CDW75
by Candi on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Little stinker! :) so glad he woke up and reassured his momma!!
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM

It's not stupid to hit panic mode hun because I was on edge a lot to when I was pregnant with my rainbow baby.  I hope he behaves himself lol and doesn't give you anymore scares like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN