Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bleeding after D&C

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello everybody, I´m new to the group. I lost my second baby at around eight weeks. On the night of may 13th I started bleeding, I called the doctor and he prescribed some meds and told me to rest. On the 19th I went in for an ultrasound and he told me how I had a miscarriage. I was heartbroken. He recommended a D&C to avoid an infection. I got it done that same day. I was fine phisically the next day. He told me to expect some bleeding for about two weeks. Well now almost six weeks later I´m still bleeding. About two weeks ago I had bad cramps also. I keep going back to the doctor and he keeps adding or switching meds. My DH and I are going to get a second and third opinion somewhere else. We are very worried. I just wanted to know if anybody else went through the same thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, good night 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Im so sorry for ur losses.  I had a D&E done after my loss but I only had bleeding for the 2wks and it was light with no cramping. There us a chance ur Dr didnt get all the placenta out, even a small amount can start to re grow and cause bleeding. Is it heavy? What kinds of meds did he give u and for what?

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope another doctor can help you better. 

Angieballerina
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Hello, thank you for your replies. It was heavy the first almost three weeks, then it stopped for two days. It started back and the color was bright red and I got cramps. After that the color changed to dark blackish and the cramps stopped. I passed a larged clot along with some bright red blood again and now it´s backk to dark and thicker old blood. My meds right after were: ergometrine and some pain meds. Afer that he added Zinnat. Now he put me on the pill to try to stop the bleeding  and help get back in track with my period. I've been reading in different blogs that most women stopped right around two weeks after, we are so worried. I appreciate you ladies listening and sharing your stories

Angela4boys
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM
After my first D&E, I bled for 26 days, had a four day break, then started my period, and it was long and heavy. I'm wondering if when you mention. The cramping two weeks ago...that started your period. Either way...I would hands down go see another doctor.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I would get a second opinion. What worries me is all the meds. I've never, in my 3 years in this group, seen anyone given meds except a few pain pills or later on something to start their period. What was the first medicine he gave you before you lost the baby? The bleeding can be normal but something feels odd with the doctor
Angieballerina
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies, I decided to go with this doctor because he helped me thoughout my first pregnancy, he also helped both of my sister in laws.  Before I lost the baby, besides vitamins, he put me on Gestageno. I just made an appointment with another doctor for tomorrow. So many things are going through  my head right now. Thank you all for the support

AJJRJMom
by Heather on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:40 PM

With all 4 of my d&c's I bled for 7-10 days after with very little cramping. It's odd that he's giving you all these meds. I've never heard of that.  Hopefully you'll get some answers if you try a different doctor. I'm sorry you are going through this...

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't have a d&c but after my loss I bleed on and off for about a week.  I would get a second opinion because if you are still having some pretty heavy bleeding it could be because some tissue got left behind.

Angieballerina
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Hello ladies, I went to see another doctor today. Apparently the first doctor left behind some tissue and that´s causing the bleeding.  Second doctor was so great, I finally felt like he was listening and understanding what we were going through. He asked me to have a blood test done tomorrow morning and probably will perform the second D&C tomorrow afternoon. He told me to stop all the meds. I´m still worried, but at least feel I´m in good hands. Thank you so much for your comments, I will let you know how it goes, love you all

Angela4boys
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I'm so glad you got a second opinion! Left over tissue isn't completely uncommon, but certainly needs to be addressed. Thank you for updating. (((Hugs)))

Quoting Angieballerina:

Hello ladies, I went to see another doctor today. Apparently the first doctor left behind some tissue and that´s causing the bleeding.  Second doctor was so great, I finally felt like he was listening and understanding what we were going through. He asked me to have a blood test done tomorrow morning and probably will perform the second D&C tomorrow afternoon. He told me to stop all the meds. I´m still worried, but at least feel I´m in good hands. Thank you so much for your comments, I will let you know how it goes, love you all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)